VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. so i have this movie in 4 parts and i want to watch it with subtitles. i want help in combining the 4 parts into a single file so that i can use the subtitle. or is there any way to split the subtitle depending upon the movie parts?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try VideotoVideo (free and on this site in tools), use the join tool, if you direct stream copy there won't be any re-encoding needed.
    It's not important the problem be solved, only that the blame for the mistake is assigned correctly
    Quote Quote  
  3. A Member since June, 2004 Keyser's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    ...or you can use Subtitle edit to split the subtitles.
    "The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by tylerdurden007 View Post
    so i have this movie in 4 parts and i want to watch it with subtitles. i want help in combining the 4 parts into a single file so that i can use the subtitle.
    If only you'd offered a hint as to the type of files you have....

MKVMergeGUI can append MKVs. MyMP4BoxGUI can do it for MP4s, and VirtualDub can append AVIs (for VirtualDub you need to select Direct Stream Copy from the Video menu).
    MKVMergeGUI can open and append a variety of file types, but as you might deduce from the name of the program, it can output the appended files in any format you desire, as long as it's MKV.

Video to Video Converter was mentioned in a previous post. I'd probably try it first. It'll work with a variety of file types.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!