VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Does anyone know what the green bar at the bottom of HDTVtoMPEG means when it's different shades of green? It frequently has processing errors for me whn it hits one of these color changes.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Why this stupid program still asks me to select a channel? I just want to convert snip out part of *.ts file.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by MrGaric View Post
    Does anyone know what the green bar at the bottom of HDTVtoMPEG means when it's different shades of green? It frequently has processing errors for me whn it hits one of these color changes.
    Thanks
    Not sure exactly what it means but the fix is to trim and save each clip separately. If you save clips to TS, you can append the clips in the program on a second pass. If you save to MPeg2 you will need an MPeg editor to join the clips.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Kowa1 View Post
    Why this stupid program still asks me to select a channel? I just want to convert snip out part of *.ts file.
    Assuming HDTVtoMPeg2 is the program, there are different levels of ATSC streams. The full ATSC stream as broadcast can contain several sub-channels and other information identified by PIDs (Program ID). For example a channel 4 stream might have a primary and several subs. 4-1 is the primary, 4-2, 4-3 etc are the subs.

The TS file you get from a computer tuner or from Firewire on the cable box is a single video/audio pair. The tuner has stripped the single pair from the full broadcast stream.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote