VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    How do I get BDRB to run in Windows 8.1 ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What do I do to activate MSCOMCTL.OCX
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search PM
    Try right clicking on REG_MSCOMCTL then select Run As Administrator
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I moved the file MSCOMCTL.OCX to the Windows/system32 directory and that solved the problem.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Have many people had problems running BD Rebuilder in Windows 8 or 8.1? I haven't seen any issues at all.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It's odd,this re-install of 8.1 gave me problems. Other 8.1 installs were no problem,the right click worked.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am also having problem running BDRB in Windows 8.1. I have another machine that is running Windows 7, and that didn't have any problem.

I got an error condition, "BD Rebuilder experienced an error 2501 Source Check() 00006 2501" when opening a source rip in Windows 8.1. I used BDInfo 0.5.8 to check the rip, and it didn't show any error.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Have you run the Inspect utility within the Help section of BD Rebuilder? Are you using the LAV filters within X264?

What did you use to rip the Blu-ray, and what format is it in now? If you have files, you might try ripping as an ISO and mounting it instead.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am using the mounted ISO file. The ISO files were either ripped using AnyDVD or DVDFab. I don't have LAV Filters installed. I installed Haali Matroska Splitter as specified by the BD Rebuilder.

Has the Inspect utility been updated for 0.47.07? The Inspect didn't even recognize the BD Rebuilder version.

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    The Inspect function in now found within BD Rebuilder. Click Help-->Inspect (Show Settings).

If you look in Settings-->Setup-->Alternative Decoding Options, you'll see a box where you can enable the internal LAV filters that come with X264.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    That's it! After enabling the internal LAV filters the error went away. Thank you so much!
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!