VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've installed a new BD writer on my Dell, using the same connection of the previous one.
    Windows recognized the drive as show in the picture but I can't play nothing ofrom it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pioneer1.jpg
Views:	1561
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	23982

After that I deleted in the registry the value of the upper/lower field without getting any results.

Where am I wrong?

Any advice could be appreciated!

Thanks, Ciao
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Try a bootable disc in the drive. Make certain that the computer is set up in the bios to boot from the optical drive first, not the hard drive.

When you start up the computer in this fashion, the drive is operating outside of Windows, so you can test whether or not your drive is functioning at all.
    A bootable disc would be something like a Windows installation disc, a live Linux disc, or even a copy of the Ultimate Boot CD.

If it boots into the contents of the optical disc, then you know the drive wasn't dead on arrival.

There are other things to try, like the normally useless Microsoft Fixit Tool for optical drives. Or using a different cable or different SATA connection on the motherboard.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Kerry,
    thank you very much for your reply.
    I've tried everythink and I've definitively realized that the unit does not work
    Quote Quote