VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I recently converted to a MacBook. I copied ALL my Sony DCR-Sr100 camcorder movie files over to the Mac. The format is .MPG

When I click on the .MPG files my Mac says they are not video files. When I click on "get info" I see the
    gb's for each file. I called Apple tech support and they said the files are wasted because I did not copy
    correctly and I will never be able to view the videos again. I no longer have the Windows computer they came from. Is it true that I did not copy correctly and have lost all my videos? Or is there a way I can convert .MPG files to work on my MacBook? Please help me if you can. I am just sick about this. Thank you. Zernalaw
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try play the mpgs with VLC and see what happens.

Moving you to our mac section.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Make sure you have installed latest MPEG2 Component for QuickTime which you can buy on Apple site, if your files are in MPEG2 format...Also please note that you never can be sure about Sony camcorders and recorders which records in MPEG..Almost all of models has different type of MPEG and those MPEGs are way out of MPEG standard...
    Quote Quote