VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've received a few movies from a friend of mine that will play fine in my Onkyo DV-C601 player. He is using the same burner (NEC ND1100) and the same version of Nero (6.0.0.0) with identical settings as I am (DVD UDF/ISO), but when I create a dvd it won't play in the Onkyo and his will. I've also tried using the DVD-Video setting without any luck. We are using different authoring tools, but I don't think that would make a difference...I could be wrong. I've burned many good dvd's that will play fine in my Mintek, but I'd like to be able to play them in my Onkyo too.

Could it be media? Author tools? ???
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, it could be either of those things. We'd need more information to be more helpful though.

- Gurm
    Quote Quote  
  3. Could the the PLAYER !

A good many DVD players are fussy about what media they will recognise, even down to batch sensitivity (read my sodding Sony). First of all, have a look in the list to the left and see if it is listed in there as accepting DVD-R / +R. Has anyone else had problems with that model ? Most recent players are OK, but some players won't play them at all. Yours obviously does but has a strop now and again which suggests if you're using the same media but a different firmware, maybe the write strategy is screwed.

Are one of you using hacked firmware ?

By the way - I take it you're only lending titles between each other and not copying them / public performances, RECEIVING etc... because that would crossing a fine line and be a legal no-no - people on the forum (like me !) get funny about that sort of thing and have to enforce a no piracy policy.
    Quote Quote