VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi guys, I'm doing a youtube video about a racing record, and I need to add a stopwatch to count the time elapsed from frame 981 till frame 8709.

I try with AddFrameNumber / AddTimestamp plugin, but it start the count from frame 1, so when it get to frame 981 it already has 16 seconds. I don't want to cut those 16 seconds because they show the specs of the car...

Any other way to do it???
    Quote Quote  
  2. If you want to use AviSynth you could do it with ShowSMPTE() or ShowTime().

Something like:

Code:
    WhateverSource("filename.ext")
    part1 = Trim(0,980)
    part2 = Trim(981,8709).ShowTime()
    part3 = Trim(8710,0)
    part1+part2+part3
    If you must use VirtualDub you can encode the video in three parts, adding timecode to the part you want, then join them together.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Along with jagabo's great advice, you can also render out just the time clock and overlay it onto your video wherever you want in an NLE. This gives you the ability to easily put it where you want and reverse it if you so desire.....

I took the liberty to render out a 10 minute clock with 2 decimal microseconds using the plugin in Virtualdub and exported to lossless Lagarith avi. If you don't want the black background, then you can key it out using a luminance key filter. If you don't have an NLE, then AviUtl (free) can easily do the job.
    Image Attached Files
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  4. If you want the timer to to run in reverse using the AviSynth you can Reverse() the segment before calling ShowTime(), then Reverse() it again after:

Code:
    WhateverSource("filename.ext")
    part1 = Trim(0,980)
    part2 = Trim(981,8709).Reverse().ShowTime().Reverse()
    part3 = Trim(8710,0)
    part1+part2+part3
    In practice, some videos might have problems decoding backward.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!