I have been running into a somewhat regular problem playing sports videos that have two halves (i.e., VIDEO_TS has VOB 1-1 and 1-2 and then 2-1 and 2-2). Usually VLC plays the first half of the game and then repeats that first half rather than skipping to the second half.

I assumed that there might be a problem with the small files so I reauthored the DVD (taking the opportunity to fix data breaks as well) by importing to MPEGStreamclip (which would only take 1-1 and 1-2 and then 2-1 and 2-2 but never allowing me to import all four as a stream), saving as (which saved as MPG), dragging the two new MPG files into Toast's video tab setting and creating a disc image, and then extracting back to VIDEO_TS with MTR. Finally, I fixed bad sectors with MYDVDEdit.

After I did all of this, I opened again with VLC and this time VLC starts the game in the second half. I did this with open file, open from VIDEO_TS, and Advanced Open File. I read online that I can check a box to ignore menus. When I do this, it plays the first half and then the window closes at the end of the first half rather than repeating (as it did prior to my re-authoring) or going to the second half, which I want it to do.

I should add that the game plays fine when I use the Mac DVD Player but when I share this game with a friend who uses a PC, he uses VLC because other players won't play the files.

Is there something I can either do in VLC or maybe with MyDVDEdit and the DVD's menu structure to get the game to play all the way through? I know there is a VLC Mac forum but I haven't had any luck posting questions to that forum and have had nothing but good luck posting questions here.