Can someone recommend a motherboard using the following:

Intel Core 2 Duo E7300 2.66Ghz

2 2GB ddr2-667 240 pin dimm

The motherboard that we tried did not turn out very well. We
    installed Vista 64 bit and it ran very well-but the problem was
    getting drivers for all the onboard components. Our goal is to
    simply replace the motherboard. Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Next Mobo, take the model number and visit the makers website before buying and check the availability of 64 bit drivers.

I like ASUS BTW.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    tbonit:

I like asus also. Thanks for the reply
    Quote Quote  
  4. One reason 64 bit is used for speed and servers also to be able to use more than 3GIGs of RAM. What you have there doesn't really match a system that runs 64 bit. For that CPU and DDR2 667 I would recommend a Asus G31 or G43 motherboard that has graphics built in around $50, it would be a good office PC. Any old case with 300 watt PSU is enough too.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Gigabyte
    Regards,

Rob
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by rhegedus
    Gigabyte
    I second that!
    I've had nightmares with ASUS when RMA'ing mobo's a few years back. IMHO though every manufacturer will have their own quality control problems. Deciding factor for me is the customer service which Gigabyte has been outstanding when I called to ask a few questions.

I've used the Gigabyte G31M-S2L for a build which used a Intel e2160. It's a good solid basic mobo without all the little frills. I'd buy another one for myself in a heartbeat if I needed another mobo.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Dont go with gigabyte,i bought the motherboard GA-MA790FX-DS5 and put a phenom 9850 and it kept resetting
    i told gigabyte and they by and they said the mb didnt support the cpu so no rma for me so a couple months go by

they stated on their web page that the GA-MA790FX-DS5 now supports the 9850 and 9950 and i contacted support
    and they said;sorry we made a mistake' and they took the 9850 and 9950 off the cpu support list right away.

Now the MB is dead.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by rhegedus
    Gigabyte
    I own one,but with AMD flavor GA-MA78GPM-DS2H. best MB I ever owned
    Quote Quote  
  9. I have had good success with Asus, Abit, and Gigabyte boards. I have also had failures with Asus, Abit, and Gigabyte boards. I personally buy mostly Gigabyte boards, that is simply because they generally have the feature set I need and more selection in my preferred pricing area.

If you buy a board that does not support your processor, you will have problems regardless of brand.

If you buy a board that does not have drivers for your OS, you will have problems regardless of brand. There is mostly nothing whatsoever wrong with your current board, the defect lies in the selection mechanism.

Make sure the SELLER of the board clearly states it will fulfill your requirements, that makes the entity you pay the money to responsible for refunding said money or replacing the board. The actual manufacturer has little to do with this process.
    Quote Quote