VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Mods - not sure if this is the right forum.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a program to recover .m2ts files? I have a Sony HDD camcorder and accidentally deleted the wrong day's worth of files and, of course, forgot to back the files up.

I tried Recuva and it found a bunch of files, but not the ones I'm looking for. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Have you enabled deep scan? If a file is not in the list it probably had it's data overwritten and your chances of recovering it are pretty low. Don't forget you need a second drive to recover any files.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I always recommend Minitool Power Data Recovery
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    This is not Video Conversion. Moving you to Newbie/General Forum.

Moderator redwudz
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by nic2k4 View Post
    Have you enabled deep scan? If a file is not in the list it probably had it's data overwritten and your chances of recovering it are pretty low. Don't forget you need a second drive to recover any files.
    Yes, I did do a deep scan. It found files from newer/older dates, but nothing from the date in question (how does that happen?) I guess my files were written over, but I'm going to keep on trying.

Any other ideas/programs to try? Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Fortunately I haven't had to use these in a long time, but PCI FileRecovery worked well for recovering .MTS files off an SDHC card. You can also try ZAR DiskRecovery.

Good luck!
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by racer-x View Post
    Fortunately I haven't had to use these in a long time, but PCI FileRecovery worked well for recovering .MTS files off an SDHC card. You can also try ZAR DiskRecovery.

Good luck!

How did you use PCIFileRecovery to find .m2ts files? I tried it, and .m2ts is not an option in terms of file type.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Don't have it installed at the moment, so can't help. Use the manual.....

m2ts isn't a camera format anyway, it's a blu-ray format. MTS is a standard AVCHD camera format. I hope you didn't write to that HDD that contained the deleted m2ts file you want to recover, otherwise you'd really be down ShitCreek without a paddle.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!