VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello everyone new here lookin for some help.

I've already done so much work here and now I hit a wall and I'm about ready to pull my hair out.

Here's whats goin on,

I got 8 seasons of Dragonball Z, 6 dvds each 48 total Obviously that is a LOAD of dvds to keep changing out.
    so what I did was use dvdshrink to extract each episode, excluded all intros and ending credits etc, and took out the audio tracks and subtitles i didnt want. By doing this I can cut each season down to only 2 DVD9s.

Now here is my problem,
    when I used the set start/end frame feature in dvdshrink it made each episode a separate title. and my dvd player just stops playing after the first episode

What I want to do is just have all the VOBs for one disk, say 15 episodes play seamlessly together.

I followed this tutorial here
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic120021.html

it all seemed to work but when I play back the dvd folder using powerdvd the chapters seem to be all screwed up, and it has a tendency to just skip forward several minutes.

Is there any way I can combine all the VOBs and completely erase all chapters and programming so that it just plays from start to finish?

I know I could de-mux and re author everything but cmon were talking 48 dvds here Im just hoping theres a faster way to program how these VOBs play together

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you have already gone to the trouble of ripping each to it's own VOB set then you have done all the hard work.

I would use GUIForDVDAuthor, which will take VOBs as input, to author a new disc. I would only take a few minutes per disc to author and you will get the playback you want.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote