VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi!
    I have a same problems as OP!
    I have recorded TV program with my TV on USB HD (Tv is Grunding 40vle7131-wf). I can watch recorded video with no problem on TV, but on PC i can't open it with anything; none of video players can't read it and none of mentioned converter programs can't load it...

And just to mention, I'm a total noob when it comes to all of this video conversions, so please be gentle with me

P.S. Sam0403 mentioned that file is copy-protected; is there a way to just play that kind of files on my PC?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by koberko View Post
    Hi!
    I have a same problems as OP!
    I have recorded TV program with my TV on USB HD (Tv is Grunding 40vle7131-wf). I can watch recorded video with no problem on TV, but on PC i can't open it with anything; none of video players can't read it and none of mentioned converter programs can't load it...

And just to mention, I'm a total noob when it comes to all of this video conversions, so please be gentle with me

P.S. Sam0403 mentioned that file is copy-protected; is there a way to just play that kind of files on my PC?
    No, you have a different problem because you used a different device to record. The OP used a specific Humax personal video recorder to record, and you used a TV.

If you want your recorded TV shows to be portable, use something else to record them instead of a TV. In most cases, the only workable solution to make protected recordings portable is to re-record the original recording device's video output with a different recording device. Unfortunately since TVs do not often have outgoing video connections that might allow that, you would have to record the screen with a camera.

It is very rare for any software to be available that allows a computer to remove copy protection on files recorded by consumer electronics, or play them. It is also very unlikely that there is hacked firmware available that allows a device that normally copy protects its recordings to either record or export uprotected files.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 24th Feb 2012 at 13:54.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I have moved you to your own thread.
    Quote Quote