VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    have copied VHS movie to my PC windows 7 64 bit and works fine with both video and sound , have placed it on external drive like I do with u tube movies then play through player to TV, no problem with movies, but VHS copy plays video but has no sound .
    What can I do to get the sound also
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Your capture device has probably created the video with an audio codec that is not supported by your tv.

Check your tv manual to see what is supported and either capture with that or convert your video to that format.
    Quote Quote  
  3. What format did you capture to? (e.g. MPG, AVI).

Posting mediainfo for the "VHS movie" may also help.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mike20021969 View Post
    What format did you capture to? (e.g. MPG, AVI).

It's a typical newbie "The less I say, the more I'll be able to get help" fallacy posting.

Honestly, I just answered one of these type of posts and I'm getting tired of telling newbies to post more details on what they have done and what they want to accomplish if they really want help. Usually people who post like this have the attention span of a squirrel and if we write more than 2 sentences in reply, they can't follow it because it's "too much information". I think I've reached my limit of providing helpful information, only to have the newbie fail to read it because it was more than 2 sentences. If you've got the patience for this one, I wish you the best.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jman98 View Post

It's a typical newbie "The less I say, the more I'll be able to get help" fallacy posting.

Honestly, I just answered one of these type of posts and I'm getting tired of telling newbies to post more details on what they have done and what they want to accomplish if they really want help. Usually people who post like this have the attention span of a squirrel and if we write more than 2 sentences in reply, they can't follow it because it's "too much information". I think I've reached my limit of providing helpful information, only to have the newbie fail to read it because it was more than 2 sentences. If you've got the patience for this one, I wish you the best.
    WELL thank you very much --will feed my squirrel some vitamins
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM

thank you
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    Your capture device has probably created the video with an audio codec that is not supported by your tv.

Check your tv manual to see what is supported and either capture with that or convert your video to that format.
    will redo copy VHS and take notice of codec , it might be that when I use the external through the player that the player won't play it, have another TV that will take USB will try that first.
    Thanks for reply I am an old dog learning new tricks

PROBLEM SOLVED it was the player------- TV in caravan played it
    Last edited by kevinshere; 22nd Sep 2013 at 20:04. Reason: correction
    Quote Quote