VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    First thing I'm leery of dealing with someone on Craig's list. Second I'm not really familiar with the yk918h other than what I have read here but it sounds like the same product so I would hold off.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Got the HDMI cloner box and I love it.Great support and works well for my use!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I love the hdmi cloner box, too. I paired it with a programmable timer and now have my own redneck pvr. Has anyone found a way to reliably edit and/or convert the mp4/h.264 files that it produces ? I've tried Handbrake and mp4cam2avi for input to vdub (for editing), but neither works well for me.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I bought an HDMI splitter (Ckitze) from Amazon a couple months ago and it has stopped working. All cable channels say Not Authorized. Has anyone else experienced this? Should I try another brand of splitter?
    Quote Quote  
  5. So how is the HDMI-Cloner Helper software working out, that is if you ordered the suite of the box plus software? I hope it's not the Arcsoft stuff!

@buckethead, what timer are you using? The software I mention above is what would edit the files if your still wondering.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I returned the CKitze and need to try something else. Maybe the cloner. I'm just afraid the cable company has figured out some way to defeat these boxes...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @buckethead, what timer are you using? The software I mention above is what would edit the files if your still wondering.[/QUOTE]

The Alarm Saf FT-100 : http://www.alarmsaf.com/pdf/installation_instructions/52-030.pdf
    Quote Quote  
  8. Just got the Cloner and have it hooked up to my laptop and tv. Picture records fine, but I get no audio. Mediainfo shows no audio track in recorded file. I have the spdif output of my tv hooked into my stereo system and I can hear the audio just fine, which means it's going through the hdmi to the tv then to my stereo, so why can't the Cloner record it?
    Quote Quote  
  9. AC3 vs. uncompressed audio? 5.1 vs. 2.0?
    Quote Quote  
  10. ac3 5.1 from a video and also a streaming news channel, no audio for both.

I will try placing the Cloner between my blu-ray player and the tv and see what happens.
    Update - Records a video with aac audio good. I will now try a blu-ray with ac3 from the oppo.
    Update2- Regular blu-ray playback, Cloner records dts audio fine. Looks like any disc from oppo is recorded ok but why not from laptop??

My laptop does not show this device in Sound Devices, I wonder if that's why I can't select it as the main sound device and get my audio to it? I did find a driver link on youtube and am wondering if I should just try installing it. Looks like it is the driver for the Hauppauge PVR rocket and the roxio gamecap. The chip is mentioned in the .inf also - IT9910 Grabber Device (HD).

Update - tried installing driver .inf but windows will not take it in this form!

Looks like the driver I mentioned is for recording via USB, yes, even though it's not meant to! You have to solder on a microUSB port though. If you do you can then record from it. Here is the info from youtube -

Now everything works fine - recording in 1080p, too. Install this driver: http://www.elektroda.pl/rtvforum/download.php?id=623429 and then hauppauge capture app (http://www.hauppauge.com/capture/). That's all needed. Records in 1080p just fine
    @ezcapper can you help with this?

Found my problem, my laptop was set to 48khz, 24 bit. This device only seems to be able to record 16 bit so I changed my HDMI output to 16 bit and also changed the audio LAV filter in mpc-hc to 16 bit also. Works good now!
    Last edited by tyee; 28th Oct 2015 at 18:54.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Hello I am considering buying either the YK918H or the YK919H (that has AV/YPbPr input and a wireless remote).

I was wondering if there was any noticeable delay in the output? I know it says pass-through but I want to make sure since I want to record some COD gameplay (I'm a stickler for response time :P ).

Also does anybody have any experience with the YK919H? I want to get this one because I have a few retro consoles I'd love to record and my monitor only has HDMI, VGA, and DVI inputs so I can't even play them right now :P

One last question. Can the the YK919H record over 2GB files reliably?

Any help would be appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Hi!

Can someone elucidate me: if i have some content stored on my tv box HDD, if i play it and if my tv box sends that content with HDCP protection, does the HDML cloner box can still record it?

Regards.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ezcapper View Post
    The god awful seller finally sent me the official firmware. Maybe download this in case you purchase the yk918h in the future. If you do, avoid purchasing from the seller futuretrend at all cost. The file should be up for 10 days. The cloneralliance website has directions on how to install it. It pretty much looks like the same file and filesize to me
    http://www.filedropper.com/161455jedi
    Here are the chinese instructions to upgrade the firmware with english translation
    http://bit.ly/1Trbash

Please upload it again, thanks.

or someone else...
    Quote Quote