VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a video that says:

Video Codec: H.264/AVC (Advanced Video Coding)
    Frame Size: 1280 x 720
    Bit Rate: 1802 kbps
    Frame Rate: 29.97 Frames/Second

Audio Codec: MPEG-2/4 Audio
    Sample Rate and Size: 48,000 Hz 16 bit
    Bit Rate 95.91 kbps
    Channels: 2

Since this is just for the computer I would like to reduce file size and convert it to a Frame Size of 640 x 360.

I have tried numerous times to make the conversion and each time the sound does not come out synchronized to the video. I think it either has to do with the H.264 format or that maybe the sound might be in the variable bit rate format.

I realize that there are ways to resynchronize the voice to the video. Ways which I have forgotten but might have notes somewhere.
    But it would be so so nice if I could just do conversions like this and have the sound come out synchronized.

Is there any program that can do such a conversion in the H.264 format and keep the sound synchronized to the video?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try handbrake and for the audio auto passthru,h.264 codec has nothing to with sync issues,it's how the file was encoded,if the audio file has variable bit rate and was done incorrectly then that's the problem.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. May be it's more a problem of vfr (variable frame rate) not vbr (variable bit rate).
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by johnharlin View Post
    I have a video that says:

Video Codec: H.264/AVC (Advanced Video Coding)
    Frame Size: 1280 x 720
    Bit Rate: 1802 kbps
    Frame Rate: 29.97 Frames/Second

Audio Codec: MPEG-2/4 Audio
    Sample Rate and Size: 48,000 Hz 16 bit
    Bit Rate 95.91 kbps
    Channels: 2

Since this is just for the computer I would like to reduce file size and convert it to a Frame Size of 640 x 360.

I have tried numerous times to make the conversion and each time the sound does not come out synchronized to the video. I think it either has to do with the H.264 format or that maybe the sound might be in the variable bit rate format.

I realize that there are ways to resynchronize the voice to the video. Ways which I have forgotten but might have notes somewhere.
    But it would be so so nice if I could just do conversions like this and have the sound come out synchronized.

Is there any program that can do such a conversion in the H.264 format and keep the sound synchronized to the video?
    If it comes out being out of sync, you can use MKVMergeGUI and add in an offset in ms to correct it. The only difference is it puts the source into an .mkv file. So if you cannot play .mkv then this won't work.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!