VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello, Someone knows anything about how turn region free for a dma2200 of linksys. I only know this media has a samsung tsh352c dvd player.
    Thanks.
    Could I change this player for another? I read that in DMA2200 it isn't possible, but I can't belive it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    A quick google search doesn't reveal anything useful. It doesn't appear to be possible with that unit.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  3. Could change the region code to the Samsung player, it's like a pc dvd player. What do you think?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    PC based CD/DVDroms are changed via software or firmware. Keep in mind that simply being region free doesn't mean it will play everything that you want. Removing the region coding may make the discs readable, but your player and hardware then need to be able to process and/or convert NTSC and PAL video formats.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  5. Yes, yes, you're right, but the dma 2200 has the option for play PAL or NTSC. Now I'm thinking away, Whay happens if I change the player by another player BR?, so, I could have region free and BR player. What do you think?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you have discs from various regions, then I would suggest getting a player that officially supports region free.

As for Blu-Ray, most of those players cannot be hacked. There are a few exceptions, but it only applies to the DVD portion of the player.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote