VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. There are useful sites like www.pandora.com or www.slacker.com that allow you to listen to music. However, I am not in USA and when I go to these sites, I get a message stating that since I am in China, not USA, I cannot use the service. (See screenshot) Is there some kind of proxy that would make these websites think that I am in USA and then I would be able to listen to the music? Thank you for any help. I know some proxies don't work with music. (note: In the screenshot I blacked out some of the IP address numbers. Is that a good idea? I mean, if all the numbers are displayed, could somebody hack my computer?

Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Download a little program called hotspot shield. Install the program but not the toolbar. Connect to the internet with it instead of directly through your browser (it starts your browser for you). It connects you through a vpn that will fool those sites to think you are in the US. It is free but you will have to put up with some ad's on each page that you can close.
    Donadagohvi (Cherokee for "Until we meet again")
    Quote Quote  
  3. I tried the program, hotspot shield, you suggested. It does work with pandora.com. Now I can listen to music on pandora.com. However, it does not work with slacker.com. With slacker.com, I get the message that I am out of USA and can not use this service. (See screenshot). Can you tell me why pandora works but slacker is not fooled by hotspot shield? Do you have any other suggestions on how I can get slacker.com to work? Actually, pandora works good, but I am curious why slacker.com doesn't get fooled (and therefore doesn't work). Also, can you tell me if it is OK to show my IP address, or should I black it out (as in first screenshot)? If I show my complete IP address, is it possible for hackers to take advantage of these numbers?

Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Not sure why slacker doesn't work. Should be the same as pandora. Mind you I haven't tried this trick because I have never been outside the US. It's just a trick that I knew of from reading up on Hotspot shield recently.

I can't be of much more help to you than that. Sorry. Perhaps someone else will have another solution.

As far as showing your ip addy.... me personally I wouldn't do it. Probably wouldn't matter much at all since there are programs out there that can allow others to see your IP addy...but me personally I still wouldn't post it.

Good luck to ya!
    Donadagohvi (Cherokee for "Until we meet again")
    Quote Quote  
  5. You need to use TOR in conjunction with XB browser

BY precaution, u should change your time zone (china -> USA) because some sites look for that sometimes)

i made you a zip archive with everything in it
    *** DIGITIZING VHS / ANALOG VIDEOS SINCE 2001**** GEAR: JVC HR-S7700MS, TOSHIBA V733EF AND MORE
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Access it through a proxy site. A google search will give you tons of proxies.
    ICBM target coordinates:
    26° 14' 10.16"N -- 80° 16' 0.91"W
    Quote Quote