VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hi there,
    please tell me how to play a partially downloaded mp4 video
    please tell me the software and the steps

please also tell,is it possible to convert partial mp4 to another format
    what would be the software and how to do it?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    partially downloaded mp4?

How? torrent?
    Quote Quote  
  3. yes partial mp4 from torrent
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Discussion of warez isn't allowed, so before the thread is closed I'm going to tell you that it generally wouldn't be possible to play or convert it. Even if it's oover 90% downloaded you're going to be missing information all over the place. The bittorrent process is essentially random.

Short version, stupid idea.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    As long as you aren't downloading copyrighted movies/tvseries from torrents it's not a warez discussion.

Nope, it's not possible to easily fix partially downloaded torrents. Find a better source...dvd or bluray...
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    VLC can sometimes play partially downloaded files, but as Hoser Rob points out, the nature of Bit Torrent is that the missing pieces will be all over the file. So if you can get VLC to work, I'm not sure what will happen when it hits a missing part of the video. It may just simply abort playback at the first missing piece it reaches.

It may be possible to use a variety of programs to convert your partial file to another format, but it would be pointless to do so. If you are under the impression that conversion can magically restore the missing pieces, you are mistaken. If you continue to wait for the torrent to finish, some people with the file may eventually serve it again if you wait long enough and you may get it. Some torrents simply vanish and you can't get them any more.
    Quote Quote  
  7. There is critical information at the start and (usually) at the end of most MP4 files. Without that information most players cannot play the video. Some MP4 repair tools can sometimes restore that information, especially if you have a good file to use as a reference.
    Quote Quote  
  8. thank yu all for such valuable info
    Quote Quote