VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all,

There is a TV serie on one of the Iranian channels which is really hard to watch streaming. It keeps buffering and is super slow. I post two links, one to see the show after it airs and one to watch it live.

What I would like to do is to download each episode of this TV serie and watch it with my family later. I would appreciate if someone please help me.

This is the link to watch the episodes after it aired: http://iransima.ir/WinMediaPlayer.jsp?code=396728

This is to watch it live at around 14:45 Eastern time: http://live.irib.ir/playerf2256.htm

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    The URL for that particular episode is mms://media1.iransima.ir/tv2/tv2_13901130_021.wmv. Looks like 83mins. I have no idea what they are saying but they're driving a cool Firebird!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the mms link Now, I wish someone could please tell me how I can capture the video
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tezarin View Post
    Thanks for the mms link Now, I wish someone could please tell me how I can capture the video
    You can try StreamTransport, which is free, but the odds are that it won't work. Streaming media sites like the one in your post usually take steps to prevent programs like StreamTransport from capturing their videos. If that doesn't work then you'll have to use a commercial application like Replay Video Capture to record it as it streams.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Stream recording expert Bahman's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    My Iranian friend,
    The first thing that you should know is:
    The stream located at mms://media.iransima.ir/tv2/........ has a special format. Microsoft defines this format as "playlist". The "playlist" format contains multiple streams which all have the same URL therefore they cannot be downloaded individually. One stream needs to be finished playing (or downloading) in order to access the next. The "playlist" format is rarely used.

2nd, You can download it with NetTransport. Take a look!! Just add that mms link into this software and then you will see dl progress!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Bahman- Thanks for the details on this! I have not run into this before, so it's nice to learn something about it. Is the picture you use here in your Avatar really you? Persian women are so beautiful.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Stream recording expert Bahman's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You are welcome!!
    off-topic:
    Hmm.. The one you see in avatar is my lovely girl friend!! Yes, they are so beautiful!!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    You can try StreamTransport, which is free, but the odds are that it won't work. Streaming media sites like the one in your post usually take steps to prevent programs like StreamTransport from capturing their videos. If that doesn't work then you'll have to use a commercial application like Replay Video Capture to record it as it streams.
    Thank you, I did try this software but had no luck.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Bahman View Post
    My Iranian friend,
    The first thing that you should know is:
    The stream located at mms://media.iransima.ir/tv2/........ has a special format. Microsoft defines this format as "playlist". The "playlist" format contains multiple streams which all have the same URL therefore they cannot be downloaded individually. One stream needs to be finished playing (or downloading) in order to access the next. The "playlist" format is rarely used.

2nd, You can download it with NetTransport. Take a look!! Just add that mms link into this software and then you will see dl progress!!
    Hi agha Bahman!

Thank you so much for the great advice, I'll give it a try right now and see how it works. So you're saying I can download them all with this method? That's so good! Especially now that I know the second season of this TV show will air on Sunday (Baazi ba marg). And I am DYING to see it.

I have the URL posted by Chef Goldblum: mms://media1.iransima.ir/tv2/tv2_13901130_021.wmv, is this the only URL I should feed to that software or each episode has it's own mms address? how can I find the mms addresses to feed?

I even contacted the director, Mr. Hamid Tamjidi and begged him to find the DVDs and send them to me. He is in Canada by the way

Thanks again, let me download the software and I'll report back.

Regard
    Last edited by tezarin; 29th Feb 2012 at 11:29.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Stream recording expert Bahman's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Hi agha Bahman!

Thank you so much for the great advice, I'll give it a try right now and see how it works. So you're saying I can download them all with this method? That's so good! Especially now that I know the second season of this TV show will air on Sunday (Baazi ba marg). And I am DYING to see it.
    You are so welcome!! yes, you can download them all with this method!! I'm looking forward to see next season of it too!!

I have the URL posted by Chef Goldblum: mms://media1.iransima.ir/tv2/tv2_13901130_021.wmv, is this the only URL I should feed to that software or each episode has it's own mms address? how can I find the mms addresses to feed?
    Each episode or in other words each video has its own mms link!!! You can find these mms links by IDM or Coojah and ...!!

I even contacted the director, Mr. Hamid Tamjidi and begged him to find the DVDs and send them to me. He is in Canada by the way
    Sounds great!! btw, Don't forget to run NetTransport as "administrator" if are using Win Vista/7!!
    Good Luck friend!!
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Bahman!

You rock! I got ALL the episodes and I can't wait to watch them all! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

Something funny I discovered was they (by mistake) put the first episode of season 2 where the first episode of season 1 should be: http://www.iransima.ir/WinMediaPlayer.jsp?code=396728 so when you click to watch the first episode of season 1, you'll get the first episode of season 2.

They also labeled this as season 1 episode 3: http://www.iransima.ir/WinMediaPlayer.jsp?code=396929
    I can't tell if this is the first episode or not, since you're watching it, too, can you tell if this is in fact season 1 episode 1?

Thanks again
    Quote Quote  
  12. Stream recording expert Bahman's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    As I said, you are so welcome!! No need to Thank more!!

I really don't remember, because haven't seen first episodes completely! but perhaps, you can find out by viewing file name dates!!
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Episode 3 is in fact episode 1 of the first season. I watched it last night and enjoyed every minute of it. Sent the writer/director an email and we chatted for a while. He wasn't thrilled to find out about the episode misplace situation...

I used the software you mentioned (IDM) to find out the mms address of http://www.iransima.ir/WinMediaPlayer.jsp?code=398614 but it didn't show me anything. The other software (Coojah) was in another language so the font didn't show up right and I couldn't install it... Can you help me find the mms address of this latest episode until I can find a permanent solution?

Edit - I found out if you click on "view source", the code will reveal the mms URL

Thanks again
    Last edited by tezarin; 1st Mar 2012 at 08:54.
    Quote Quote