VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey guys,
    in this ] i am gonna show you, how to mask text in AfterEffects CS6/CC .
    Hope you enjoy it, would be happy about a like and a subscription !
    Last edited by Baldrick; 31st Mar 2014 at 04:20. Reason: Spam links removed. This is not a guide. Just spam.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    FYI, a simple effect like that can be done easily with free tools like AviUtl......
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  3. Seriously? A straight edged mask with a slight blur would have saved you lots of time and trouble.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    This tittle masking is cooler in my opinion and was done in a couple of minutes using only free tools. Paint.NET for mask and AviUtl for compositing. No need to spend big money on AE for something so simple.........
    Image Attached Files
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I would have gone with a difference mask+rect garbage masks to iso the FG (on top layer) and then a wiping crop on the mid layer text (following the leading edge of the FG). Would have taken a quarter of the time and looked cleaner yet with natural edges.

Scott
    Last edited by Cornucopia; 31st Mar 2014 at 01:42.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    yes ok free tools.. but this is a little introduction for AE

Cornucopia understood right, thanks for your comment ! In the next video i will do it more cleaner.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    I would have gone with a difference mask+rect garbage masks to iso the FG (on top layer) and then a wiping crop on the mid layer text (following the leading edge of the FG). Would have taken a quarter of the time and looked cleaner yet with natural edges.

Scott

Cornucopia understood right, thanks for your comment ! In the next video i will do it more cleaner.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well, shoot, I can't see the video anymore. Guess I'm odd-man-out on this one.
    Quote Quote