VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I will preface this by saying I am still relatively new to DVD authoring and video editing. I have a premiere pro project with source video of 1920x1080 that I am attempting to put on DVD and also on youtube. I don't mind if it letterboxes or not.

Thus far I have been attempting to do it by first exporting the video as an MPEG2 720x480 file and then encoding it to DVD in a program called DVD Flick, but have run into a variety of problems, including stretched or smushed video and audio that is out of sync with the video.

My first try at exporting a youtube worthy video ended with the most horribly smushed video I have ever seen.

I'm hoping someone can give me instructions on how to get from point A (my 1920x1080 resolution and 29.97 fps premiere pro project) to point B (A DVD without smushed video and a file I can upload to youtube).

I'm doing this on a fairly lackluster laptop that can take up to 8 hours to encode my project just once, and I only have a limited number of DVD R's to mess around with, so any help to get this right on the first shot would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: I should add if anyone has any suggestions on DVD authoring software to use I would appreciate it as well.
    Last edited by Fuertisimo; 3rd Jan 2014 at 12:51. Reason: forgot something.
    Quote Quote  
  2. The last few versions of Premiere Pro come with Encore, so there's no reason not to use that for authoring. Another good alternative is AVStoDVD.

The Adobe media encoder is not the absolute best for making mp4s to upload to YouTube, but it will do. It has a variety of YouTune presets.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by smrpix View Post
    The last few versions of Premiere Pro come with Encore, so there's no reason not to use that for authoring. Another good alternative is AVStoDVD.

The Adobe media encoder is not the absolute best for making mp4s to upload to YouTube, but it will do. It has a variety of YouTune presets.
    Unfortunately I do not have access to Encore as I am using the trial version of premiere pro. For whatever reason the adobe cloud won't let you download Encore if you're using the trial.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Maybe DVD Flick is reencoding your MPEG 2 file, I donŽt use that program but see if you can find a way to disable the reencoding of DVD compliant files, or use another program like DVD Styler (look it up in the Tools section at the left) which is also free.
    In Premiere Pro, make sure your video is fully rendered before you export it, make sure to select the proper template for your export (NTSC DVD Widescreen), use a bitrate calculator (also in the Tools section of this site) if you are unsure that it wonŽt fit a standard DVD, use ac3 audio, donŽt go too high on bitrate, take a look at the WHAT IS section right below the Videohelp logo to see the proper DVD specs. There youŽll notice that DVD is standard resolution (and your video is HD) so for youtube youŽll probably want to export it again but this time in a format like mp4 to keep your 1080 size.
    Quote Quote  
  5. What about the out of sync audio? What causes that/what can prevent it?
    Quote Quote  
  6. One additional little tidbit I'm having some trouble with as well, the images I have in the video are larger than the resolution of the input video (by about 3 to 1). I had read that having premiere pro rescale them can result in a loss of quality, is it worth it to go back and rescale the images manually to be approximately 1920x1080?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Fuertisimo View Post
    the images I have in the video are larger than the resolution of the input video (by about 3 to 1).
    Are these stills? What's your source? If it's UHD that might explain your audio issue.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by smrpix View Post
    Originally Posted by Fuertisimo View Post
    the images I have in the video are larger than the resolution of the input video (by about 3 to 1).
    Are these stills? What's your source? If it's UHD that might explain your audio issue.
    Well I don't know what UHD means, but I have stills interspersed with my video. It's sort of a combo photo/video project. The original video I used to create the Premiere Pro sequence was 1920x1080 HD video but I mixed in some photos.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Premiere Pro does a very creditable job with stills, it's the resizing of video, particularly interlaced video where there are other, better options. UHD=Ultra High Definition = 2K or 4K =>1080.
    Quote Quote