VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi
    I have downloaded 2 BBC programmes from the BBC website for my father in law who is in hospital. The Daily Politics Show and Question Time. For all you brits out there, you know this can be really boring stuff.

Anyway, my intention was to encode onto disc (which i am comfortable with) so that he can watch them on his portable dvd player. Problem is that they're DRM encrypted. Any suggestions on how to remove or bypass this so that i can encode to DVD format?

Many Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Possible solutions:
    1) As jagabo says, FairUse4WM might (heavy emphasis there) work. My experience with this tool has not been good. Don't be surprised if it doesn't work for you.
    2) You can install a commercial (not free) program that records streaming media. You'll have to play the files on a PC and record them in real time, so if each show is 30 minutes, it will take you an hour to record both of them. You can take the output from this program and do whatever you like with it.
    3) I don't know about these particular shows as I've never heard of them, but some popular BBC shows are available via Bit Torrent. If these are daily news type shows, the odds are high that they won't be available this way. Usually Bit Torrent is just for BBC shows that only have maybe 5-10 episodes a year.
    Quote Quote  
  3. SoundTaxi, Wondershare Media converter, etc.
    Quote Quote