VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok when i try to back up some dvd's from ones that i download ( movies that i already own) , when its finished and i take it out and play it on the dvd player for my TV it has like a problem that looks like what would be a VHS tracking problem ?? its not the burner/program/or media as other movies came out just fine, AND when i play it on my dvd player on my PC its just fine. i am thinking possibly that im not doing somthing right for specific file formats... has anyone had this problem ?? and can help??? i use a DL burner, and usually two well known brand programs to do the burning.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    can anyone help?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Why download a bad copy of a movie that you already own? Just follow any of the guides here to rip/shrink the disc you have (?).
    You are in breach of the forum rules and are being banned. Do not post false information.
    /Moderator John Q. Publik
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Forum Troll
    Why download a bad copy of a movie that you already own? Just follow any of the guides here to rip/shrink the disc you have (?).
    now there's a novel idea
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    the reason is we just moved from over seas and our stuff is in storage and wont be here for another month!!!!! and the copy i dl is not bad, it works fine on my pc but has a wierd tracking problem when i play it on the dvd player. plus a couple other movies came out just fine and they play fine on both the PC and the dvd player its just certain movies. Do zones have anything to do with it????

if i had my dvds here i wouldnt be dling them, im not that stupid geez.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Master of Time & Space Capmaster's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Could be an interlacing issue with the dl-ed copy. Your PC plays it progressive (a frame at a time) and the DVD player/TV interlaces it (plays one field, then the next ...two fields make up a frame).

Try re-authoring it and make sure you've selected interlaced and not progressive playback
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks man, where would i try that at though? in the top menu options?
    Quote Quote