VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am tring to rip " Pirates of the caribbean " - store bought copy - to AVI.

Now,

How come everytime I rip it using DVD2AVI. The video appears to skip after its on the harddrive. This program is the only program running. What am I doing wrong - DVD2AVI doesn't let you rip and convert FPS.
    What am I doing wrong!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Does the DVD have to be decrypted before you use DVD2AVI? And why do you want to convert the FPS?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Here is my whole problem in a nut shell...

Last year I went to england and while I was there I bought a DVD. It was " Wargames " - sorry I screwed up the title from before...

It turnes out it is a PAL and can't be viewed on any dvd-player I own, so I was going to rip it to the compu...and convert it from PAL to NTSC. There is another problem. The DVD is PAL-20.000fps. NTSC I'm told can be anywhere from 23.97 - 23.976. I already have the VOB files ripped to a folder. When I use DVD2AVI it rips the movie ok except the newly created AVI file appears to skip like the FPS are to slow. I need to convert PAL (20.000) - NTSC (23.976). How can and what is the easiest way to do this in ONE shot or acouple. Without screwing up the video. This will be the first time I ever converted PAL to NTSC.

What do you think - let me know the LAMIENS way. :) thank you for your time spent
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    with time and effort this is going to take, I would just go out and buy the ntsc version. It's a lot easier.
    No DVD can withstand the power of DVDShrink along with AnyDVD!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    jtoolman2000 wrote:

with time and effort this is going to take,
    Nice Yoda speak.

burncycle

Try Here:
    http://www.geocities.com/xesdeeni2001/StandardsConversion/index.html

Scroll down till you get to this section:

VI. PAL (Video) DVD (25i Fps) -> NTSC DVD (29.97i Fps)

Good Luck,
    Tearren
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by burncycle
    The DVD is PAL-20.000fps.
    Not possible. PAL is 25fps, nothing else. If dvd2avi says it is 20fps you have the 'film' option set incorrectly.

Originally Posted by burncycle
    NTSC I'm told can be anywhere from 23.97 - 23.976.
    NTSC is 23.976fps with 3:2 pulldown (to tell the player to repeat some fields to make it play at 29.976fps) OR it is 29.976fps. Nothing inbetween.

There are guides and forum threads aplenty on PAL to NTSC conversion, try the search button.
    Quote Quote