VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have alot(20+) video clips and want each one to be x(00:00:00;23) seconds long for each and every short clips, how can i select them all and edit their length? I tried trimming each and every one of it but its too hard because i have alot of clips and the length 00;23 is really short to be perfectly lengthen. please help me! SONY VEGAS

for example : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPFiXpNMpoI&feature=plcp#t=50s

(i want it to be a short clip exactly like this one)
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by MrBaDummTsss View Post
    ...but its too hard...
    First of all, don't cross-post.

Second of all -- OMG -- are you that much of a lazy wuss?! It has NEVER been easier to edit video. Only 20+ clips? You should have that done in a few minutes. Especially in Vegas.

Grow a pair and then come back here when you have a REAL problem.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hahaha, but I'm thinking you want to make a fast moving sequence through various footage, similar to like stop motion or timelapse, yes?

In Vegas, you have to zoom in (up arrow) until you get the editing resolution (temporal resolution) you want. Fer instance, if you want to edit frame-by-frame, you zoom all the way in and you will see the tick marks of each frame, and the playhead will only land on these ticks, which are single frames.

Your example video is not just a sequence of same length footage. Actually, it's quite advanced. The maker is stepping you through only the "good stuff", but still letting you follow along the way.

That's a "Hollywood" cut. You're walking up to a building and the cut goes right to you at the door. No need to show walking on the sidewalk, taking the elevator, blah, blah, etc. That's boring, and makes viewers nod off.

So what you want to do in Vegas is go one clip(event) at a time and trim out some of the frames to get the "look" you want. You can't automate that because decisions have to be made about every clip. The sample you posted was done by hand this way. Guaranteed.

And remember to use all fast cuts (butt cuts), because fades and transitions kill the effect. Good editing that impresses people can NEVER be automated.

Last edited by budwzr; 17th Jul 2012 at 11:51.
    Quote Quote