VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello, I have a question about Fair Use Wizard 3D.

There is an option in it to extract subtitles, but no matter what I do, I can't get it to work. I've tried 20 foreign films, and not one had extracted subtitle files. I've looked for .srt files, .idx files, .sub files, and nothing.

I have other subtitle ripping tools, such as SubRip, VobSub, and IMTOO DVD Subtitle Ripper. So, it's not the end of the world if I can't extract subtitles using Fair Use Wizard.

But I'd like to know why that option isn't working, if it is supposed to. Does a separate program need to be installed for the Extract Subtitles feature to work? Or, is it supposed to work by itself?

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium on an HP quad-core processor desktop PC, if that helps. Thank you! Jd
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Something went goofy with this post.
    Last edited by Noahtuck; 8th Mar 2012 at 21:02.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I have both FU 2.9 & the latest 3D & the setting are the same on both versions.

You must have both of the options circled in red checked.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FU001.jpg
Views:	341
Size:	152.7 KB
ID:	11368

And in the output folder you should basically see these files,

Name:  FU003.jpg
Views: 1048
Size:  16.8 KB

You need to rename the ".IDX" & ".SUB" file to the same as the video file.

Name:  FU004.jpg
Views: 985
Size:  3.9 KB

And you can delete the rest.

I have been using FU for a loooong time (years) and i have never had any issues extracting subs as long as the original content has subs & not just CC's.
    Last edited by Noahtuck; 8th Mar 2012 at 21:02.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, thanks for replying.

I actually figured out what I was doing wrong...about five minutes after posting this question.

I was not checking the INCLUDE SUBTITLES option. I was only checking the EXTRACT subtitles option. Duh.

When I began using the program, I thought the INCLUDE SUBTITLES option was for hard-coding. It is...if you do NOT select Extract Subtitles.

But thank you for elaborating a bit further on this. It's refreshing to see someone take the time to go out of their way to assist people.

It IS appreciated. Thank you again.
    Quote Quote