VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have the acer 3720a that no one else seems to have so I'm wondering if there is a general procedure/code for resetting acer TVs?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    What do you mean by "reset"? Default picture settings? Reset user PIN? Default resolution?
    Of course you've been through the user manual: http://support.acer.com/acerpanam/manuals/acer/0000/userguides/AT3720A%20user%27s%20manual.pdf . Try page 16.
    Last edited by sanlyn; 25th Mar 2014 at 06:03.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I need to reset the hdmi settings and there is no setting in the basic menu to do so, which leads me to think I have to do a factory reset. I've tried unplugging the power and such for hours and plugging it back in but that didn't help. I have the hdmi handshake problem. Page 16 is just resetting the parental control pin.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hate to state or ask some obvious things but.... Is it consistent or does it come and go? Have you tried another cable? Does it have problems with more than one source ie cable box, game console, blu-ray player? Does it do it on every TV hdmi input connector?
    There's not much to do but then I can't do much anyway.
    Quote Quote  
  5. The problem is consistent. I only have 1 hdmi slot on this tv and some hdmi devices work, some don't. To give you guys an idea, my cable box used with display audio and video via hdmi, now it only displays video. I have tried a different box and same thing. I tried the identical boxes on a different tv using hdmi and they work flawlessly.

Now when I said some devices work, my xbox works on the acer just fine.

Another example of the acer tv not functioning properly is my laptop's hdmi used to work on it, now it doesnt, and the laptop works fine on my other tv (the one where the 2 boxes work via hdmi)

I don't have a receiver and there are only 1 or 2 things connected to it so theres no turning things on in a certain order.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Do you get a message something like "tv not hdcp compatible" when the problem occurs? We've had that happen but the problem was with the cable HD stb. I just unplugged the cable box and it reset itself.

The puzzling thing is that you get video but not audio with your cable box and you've eliminated a faulty hdmi cable as the problem It was my belief that HDCP compatibility should affect both signals.

If the set can't lock in the input signal properly it may be power / circuitry related which is a deeper problem than a factory reset.
    There's not much to do but then I can't do much anyway.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I actually do not get the "tv not hdcp compatible" when the problem happens. Like I said, I've unplugged everything overnight, plugged and tested one item at a time and as I stated before, only some items work. Earlier, for curiosity sakes, I switched hdmi cables but that didn't help either.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You haven't received more answers because nobody has more information to give you. Bumping your post every few weeks won't change that.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Or someone who has the information didn't see the thread because its so old.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by StoneColdWhat View Post
    Or someone who has the information didn't see the thread because its so old.
    You are very unlikely to get an answer to the original post no matter how many times you bump. You bought a bargain TV from a maker has made few very TVs. The pool of owners to draw upon for information is relatively small and the TV simply lacks features that better TV's have. It is a piece of junk at this point and you need to resign yourself to buying a new TV.
    Quote Quote