VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi everyone,

I am new here, so be gentle please.

I have been toying with multiAVCHD for a few days now, and I am getting closer to what I want, but I am still frustrated:

I have 16 audio files, each of them a lossless 6 channel (5.1) Wave LPCM 24bit/96khz track, of which only the front stereo and the surround speakers are used (4.0).

I don't have any video content for now.

I burn it onto a BD using the burn to BD option.

The first problem is that when I play it back on my Oppo-BDP-83SE player, I get very quiet surround activity, whereas it works perfectly via Cyberlink Power DVD 11 on my PC. The systems are calibrated with the same Disney WOW disc.
    What's the problem here?
    I have nothing selected in audio conversion settings

Another issue is that even though it's 16 tracks, and each one has its individual running time, I can't go to the next one by pressing NEXT on my remote, nor can I press PREVIOUS, etc.. Where can I set that??? The Buttons tab is really hard to understand to me.

Those are the main snags I have run into so far.

I have more questions, but that's probably enough for now.

I am using ImgBurn, and it is working well with ACVHD.

Please help me out here. I am not a programmer, so all of this is a little confusing.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by NoProgrammer View Post
    The first problem is that when I play it back on my Oppo-BDP-83SE player, I get very quiet surround activity, whereas it works perfectly via Cyberlink Power DVD 11 on my PC. The systems are calibrated with the same Disney WOW disc.
    What's the problem here?
    I have nothing selected in audio conversion settings
    Are these the exact same encodes played on two different systems? It's not clear.

Are you saying you encoded 4.0 audio as 5.1? I don't see why that's necessary.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AVCHD#Codecs
    Quote Quote  
  3. Yes, directly from the burned BD disc.

Yes, that's what I am saying. I know it's not necessary, but I don't see the option for a 4.0 downmix in Adobe Audition 3.0.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If two of the channels are silent you don't want to downmix them, you want to remove them completely.

I've never done it before, but someone here should know how it's done.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I certainly don't see it, but that's not the issue here, I guess, since the surround sound plays perfectly with PowerDVD, so everything appears to be in the right place.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Whether or not that's actually causing the issue, you shouldn't be doing it. Do you have any idea how much bitrate two channels of PCM eat up?

Fix that and if that doesn't clear things up we'll move onto the next stage.

(By the way, from all the posts I've read of the forums I'm on I'd have to conclude that OPPO's are buggy pieces of crap, but I'll reserve judgement on this issue for now.)
    Quote Quote  
  7. The only thing I can do is create 6 individual files for each channel, and only take the 4 I need. Would that help? How would I combine them again though?
    Quote Quote  
  8. In the meanwhile, what do I need to do so I can press NEXT on my remote, and the next track plays?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    You could do the mix re-wrapping in ffmpeg (2 steps). See this page for examples: https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/AudioChannelManipulation.

For proper Audio BD authoring, I'd use something like Cirlinca: http://www.cirlinca.com/

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    You could do the mix re-wrapping in ffmpeg (2 steps). See this page for examples: https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/AudioChannelManipulation.

For proper Audio BD authoring, I'd use something like Cirlinca: http://www.cirlinca.com/

Scott
    Thank you. Cirlinca seems to do the trick. I now have all the channels loud and clear, when I play it via the Oppo. And it's affordable too.

Can you recommend other software like that as well, since you implied that there are more options out there.

Many thanks.
    Last edited by NoProgrammer; 27th Feb 2015 at 02:00.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Great, so I have bought Cirlinca HD-Audio Solo Ultra 4.4, and it's not working, as it always stops with the error: Error creating menu m2ts-2
    Internal error in BDPhase 0 16 2 0 3 - section 3.3
    Please submit an incident report in OnLine/Support
    Build aborted

My menus consist of simple JEPG files. I have 3 groups, consisting of 16 Quad 96/24 tracks, 16 Stereo 96/24 tracks, and 3 Quad 96/24 tracks. There are no videos, only audio. I have tried making the stereo mixes fake Quad, and still get the same message. I have tried tons of things, but it always shows the same error. Anyone?
    Last edited by NoProgrammer; 3rd Mar 2015 at 05:45.
    Quote Quote  
  12. It happens whenever I have any menu at all, even the default one, so there must be something fishy, right? Anyone, please???
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!