VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a home theater HT-D4500SAMSUNG that is connected to a projector and wanted to see HD movies through the pen as it has a USB port, I tried embedding the legend through the mkvtoolnix program worked correctly and the PC in the projector but the subtitles do not appear. I have also tried for the caption. Srt with the same file name. Mkv movie in a folder but the subtitle does not appear in it. I will have no choice to view the legend?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Please don't cross post in several forums! I removed your other thread.

Be sure click on the subtitle button on your remote.

Does avi files with srt subtitles work?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Does your TV support subtitle streams muxed into a video (AVI, MKV, etc.)? Or does it require the subtitles to be stored separately (example: movie.avi, movie.srt)? Does the TV support .ass or .sub/.idx format subtitles?

It's probably a good idea to check the manual for the TV and verify what subtitle features it does or doesn't support.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Please don't cross post in several forums! I removed your other thread.

Be sure click on the subtitle button on your remote.

Does avi files with srt subtitles work?
    subtitle button don't work on pen videos!

avi files with srt subtitles don't work also
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Ai Haibara View Post
    Does your TV support subtitle streams muxed into a video (AVI, MKV, etc.)? Or does it require the subtitles to be stored separately (example: movie.avi, movie.srt)? Does the TV support .ass or .sub/.idx format subtitles?

It's probably a good idea to check the manual for the TV and verify what subtitle features it does or doesn't support.

I don't have a TV to try. I only have a video projector and the home cinema. In this case i have to see the specifications of home cinema
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Oops, sorry about that. I just tend to see (and field) the same question in regard to TVs, so often, that I automatically typed 'TV.'

So, the subtitles are in .srt format? Some devices can be rather picky about the format and encoding of .srt subtitles. My older player would only accept them if they were in English (Roman letters only, no double-byte extended ASCII language text), and saved as an ANSI-encoded document (not Unicode).
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  7. I've run the test again a movie through a folder with an avi file and another srt subtitles and got so far appear to lack function mkv files to see movies with optimum quality because it is a projector
    Quote Quote