VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    For those who might be interested, one of the reps for DVDFab wrote a post over at MyCE, which is supposed to clarify their position regarding the free sections of DVDFab and DVDFab Passkey.
    http://club.myce.com/f116/disc-decryption-free-versions-dvdfab-335966/

This is not particularly good news, especially in regard to BD+ protections.
    Quote Quote  
  2. So it comes down to $$$. Does this surprise anyone?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Last edited by jagabo; 15th Apr 2014 at 23:16.
    Quote Quote  
  4. No. It comes down to $$
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by MindController View Post
    No. It comes down to $$
    I think you're both right, but people can debate which factor is more important. I suspect that the legal issues simply pushed them faster in a direction that they were heading in anyway. It seems pretty obvious to me as an outside observer that DVDFab was moving to a model where people weren't going to be able to keep leeching off them for free even before this legal challenge happened.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I like how you put it, Kerry: "supposed to clarify".

You also put your finger on the reason for most of the updates: BD+.
    I'll repeat what I've stated before. If you use DVDFabPasskey and extract main movie with, say, Clown_BD, you can go a very long time before needing an update (done it).
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    So which of the guys that posted in that thread, none of whom seem to be to sure of anything specific, is supposed to be a
    one of the reps for DVDFab wrote a post over at MyCE
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    ^That would be signals. If you look at this page: http://club.myce.com/f62/ you'll see that signals has limited mod powers over the DVDFab forum at MyCE. And this thread is one of the "stickied" threads, which only the mods can do.
    Quote Quote  
  9. It all makes sense now
    Quote Quote  
  10. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Okay, he may be a mod, limited powers at that, over at DVDFab forum but I don't know that it makes him a "rep" of the company as he even posted he was not sure about some stuff.

Just because someone is a mod here does not make them a "rep" of Videohelp, or a mod over at the Xbox360 forums does not make them a "rep" of M$ or Xbox 360
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    I am an administrator at MyCE and I have a bit more insight into who is and isn't capable of speaking for DVDFab at MyCE.
    Quote Quote  
  12. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    There will always be free/pay software to decrypt the latest movies,dvdfab can slide into the ocean and it will not make a bit of difference.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Kerry56 View Post
    I am an administrator at MyCE and I have a bit more insight into who is and isn't capable of speaking for DVDFab at MyCE.
    Well goody tooshoo for you!!!
    You just proved my point!!
    LOL!!!
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search PM
    You just proved my point!!
    What point is that? The only obvious one is on your particularly small cranium.

Signals is one of only two members at MyCE who issues statements on behalf of DVDFab. The other is fengtao, who you should be familiar with if you know anything at all about DVDFab.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!