VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I been happily using Avidemux 2.4.3 to convert/fix my Toshiba Camileo s20 videos (the audio seems unsupported and needs to be converted to mp3). I like using the Joblist and adding jobs and running all jobs at once, etc. There's a few things I like implemented, such as, time/length inbetween markers A & B... especially when trying to cut video for youtube's 15 minutes limit.

Then I installed Avidemux 2.5.x and 2.6.x and wtf? It's totally different. There's no joblist anymore? Also the audio conversion doesn't seem to work anymore. Anyone know how to create batch of jobs in Avidemux 2.5.x & 2.6.x? And also the technical differences in the audio decompressors used?

(ps: I tried Avidemux's forums, but registration is disabled at this time???)
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    In avidemux 2.5 File->Add to Joblist and View joblist.
    In avidemux 2.6 File->Queue and then run avidemux_jobs.exe (same folder as avidemux.exe).

Are you choosing mp3 under Audio? And you aren't getting any audio in the output file or?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    In avidemux 2.6 File->Queue and then run avidemux_jobs.exe (same folder as avidemux.exe).

Are you choosing mp3 under Audio? And you aren't getting any audio in the output file or?
    Cheers

using 2.6 again, I did that but the job list is empty?

and am using Windows 7....
    Last edited by andwan0; 19th Feb 2013 at 11:26.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by andwan0 View Post

Cheers

using 2.6 again, I did that but the job list is empty?

and am using Windows 7....
    Almost the same here!
    Using the 'Queue'-function, the list appears to be empty (cannot be opened from inside avidemux either). When I close avidemux it crashes and after the crash opening the job list (using avidemux_jobs.exe) shows the jobs, but they all fail. (See also: https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/343561-901123-in-Avidemux-Add-to-Joblist-causes-pro...18#post2141218)

I noticed in the log, that avidemux3_cli.exe couldn't be 'connected' - and I only found an avidemux_cli.exe in the application folder (not installed, from .zip-file).
    I tried changing the name of the .exe file, but that didn't help as far as the job list is concerned, since they couldn't be put to status "ready": The function is there, but won't work...
    Any help?
    Thanks in advance!
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    See http://www.avidemux.org/smf/index.php/topic,9571.msg60964.html#msg60964

So try the latest nightlies and see if it works better.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    See http://www.avidemux.org/smf/index.php/topic,9571.msg60964.html#msg60964

So try the latest nightlies and see if it works better.
    Wow, fast answer, thanks! I certainly will look at that!
    EDIT: Tried it but with partial success - the jobs can be set to "ready" now and the cli seems to be working (cmd-window pops up) but then Avidemux crashes - Win 7 (64bit) showing its own error message window asking if i want to close the app directly or look up online information and close afterwards... *sigh* EDIT
    Last edited by nbarzgar; 3rd Mar 2013 at 04:52.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm using linux except for those rare occasions I need my one win7 partition, and I'm waiting until 2.6 is in the ubuntu repos until I try it. That should tell you something.

I tried 2.6 in windows but it's progressing rather slowly, and it seems to be in perpetual beta. Actually it's one of those programs where the betas are more stables than the stables. And it was a little tiresome to see most of those nice h.264 encoding parameters blanked out.

If you aren't converting to h.264 ... and if I'm converting the audio to mp3 I wouldn't be ... I don't really think you need 2.6 at all. 2.5.whatever is an excellent xvid encoder.
    Quote Quote