VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks a lot for the help. For now, there seems to be a fix. There is so much to learn.

Ron
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Final note. Even though the issue seems resolved, I decided to go to my VMware WIn 8 guest on the problem laptop. I ran graphstudio and
    it shows the same connection path (using MPG4s Decoder DMO) as with the problem real Win 8 install, but yet the video shows correctly.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    But on the VMware guest XVID is not installed
    Quote Quote  
  4. I can't make sense of that observation. You'd have to go into a lot deeper analysis.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It doesn't make sense to me either.
    Quote Quote  
  6. You would have to go into more detail looking at the values for entries input an output pins. When you right click a box, and choose properties, it will give you more options. First check that it really is the same decoder (you can have multiple versions named the same thing, but the file version might be actually be different.) Check the output pin for differences. For example the interlace flag might be set in host system , but not the VM. That would cause WMP to deinterlace one but not the other . It's more academic than anything, since there are many solutions (Ie. use a good decoder, or non directshow player)
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Update: Now i seem to have a related issue doesn't seem to clear up using the codec tweaker. The entire captured video flickers, so text becomes unreadable. I found that converting it again to AVI seems to produce a usable non-flickering video. Seems to be that creating a screen capture on my Win 8 laptop in combination with playback on same machine with Win Media player using XVID codec, creates the problem.

Playback on other machines and different Win produce no problems. Creating screen capture on other machines and playback in Win media player on my problem win 8 laptop also produces no problems.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!