VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a DVD that was created with a camera. Every time the camera is stopped and started, a new chapter is created, so there are a few "false starts". I'm assuming I need to rip the DVD to files (can I just copy VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS ?), use something to delete these chapters, maybe be able to rename the chapters that are left (so instead of "Chapter 1", "Chapter 2", etc. I can call them what I want?) and then burn the edited files to a blank.

I assume ImgBurn would be the tool for the first and least steps, but I don't see an IFO mode any more. And to edit the files, I'd really like the simplest tool to use, not the "best" or most powerful, so I can just get this one little project done.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe possible using pgcedit or dvdremake.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How would I go about doing this with PGCEdit? It looks like Ancient Egyptian Algebra to me.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I think in your case would be better to use VobBlanker. Load your VIDEO_TS in and delete cells you do not need. VobBlanker will load IFO file.
    Do not worry about AUDIO_TS , it is empty.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jnojr
    Every time the camera is stopped and started, a new chapter is created, so there are a few "false starts".
    If it were extra chapter/program problem it could be cured in 2 clicks with DVDRemake by deleting program attributes from cells.
    Probably you have time code problem: every new recording session timecode begins from zero (and maybe also a still mpeg picture inserted). Usually there are problems with browsing through the file even in VideoReDo, Womble etc. Sometimes the following method helped me: demux video in DGIndex (after importing VTS' VOB group) -> import it into DVDLab -> apply Rewrite GOP Timecode from options (it works in place, so keep your backups). Then cut-edit if necessary and re-author.
    Quote Quote