VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If I play an MP3 and then skip to another track with Media Player, after a while the player locks up. It seems like the processor is not fast enough. And oddly sometimes my user name and passwords vanish from other programs. But If I wait for a couple of minutes they re-appear.
    I've scanned with Avast with negative results
    Quote Quote  
  2. WMP isn't your problem. You have some kind of malware problem.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    WMP isn't your problem. You have some kind of malware problem.
    Nothing showing up with Avast and Malwarebytes.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Nevertheless I think jagabo's right. Try one of those good web scanners ... unfortunately when I was using windows I could remember their names. Since I started using linux I'm forgetting them since I don't need it anymore.
    Quote Quote  
  5. didikai,
    Try SuperAntiSpyware, it sounds like a trojan. WMP 12 is notorious for locking up and skipping songs, I wish I could go back to 11 on my Windows 7 rig.
    Last edited by MOVIEGEEK; 6th Dec 2012 at 11:33.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by MOVIEGEEK View Post
    didikai,
    Try SuperAntiSpyware, it sounds like a trojan. WMP 12 is notorious for locking up and skipping songs, I wish I could go back to 11 on my Windows 7 rig.
    Found and removed 158 threats. Computer is a lot faster. Solved another couple of symptoms I had. WM is still a little bit flakey tho' But not as bad as it was.
    Thanks again to all.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by didikai View Post
    Originally Posted by MOVIEGEEK View Post
    didikai,
    Found and removed 158 threats. Computer is a lot faster. Solved another couple of symptoms I had. WM is still a little bit flakey tho' But not as bad as it was.
    Thanks again to all.
    Windows Media Player still locking up.
    Nothing shows with Avast or Malwarebytes. But when I run Superantispyware, it gets as far as this then locks up.

C:\windows\serviceprofiles\networkservice\appdata\ local\microsoft\media player
    Quote Quote