VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi
    I have been trying to shrink a m2v file so i can fit a large dvd rip
    onto a dvdr.
    I have tried rempeg2 and tmpgenc without any luck.
    Rempeg was too complicated for me and tmp game me audio sinc
    problems.
    Is there any where i can find a universal setting for rempeg,what i
    mean is that i need settings that some body uses as their default.
    Thanks
    dave king
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    not sure how to tell yout his but rempeg is about the easiest thing to use in this game. you open the cffl file, set your percentage, resolution, frames, and hit encode? it doesn't get less complicated
    Quote Quote  
  3. I've been trying to use ReMPEG2 to resize several DVD rips as well, and I'm experiencing the same problem. When I try to rebuild the VOBs using DVDit PE I get audio/video sync problem. I've followed the DVD to DVD-R instructions on three different DVD movies and I get the same results (audio/video out of sync).

I agree that ReMPEG2 is about as easy as it gets. Therefore, I'm assuming that I'm doing something wrong, but I just don't know what.

Here's what I'm doing:

1. I rip the movie using SmartRipper, demuxing the audio and video streams to separate files.

2. Then I use AC3DEC to convert the AC3 audio to WAV.

3. Then I calculate the new bitrate so that the movie will fit on a DVD-R.

4. Next I reencode the M2V video file at the new bitrate.

5. Both of these process, audio and video, seem to work great. However, when I add the WAV file and new MPG file to DVDit PE and preview the movie I get audio/video out of sync. I'm not sure why.

If I add the original M2V video file to DVDit and the WAV file, the movie is in sync when previewed. So the problem seems to be with the reencoded MPG video file.

Any ideas on what is happening? Any suggestions on how I can fix this?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Divian1
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Use Smartripper to extract the VOB's,you can strip un-needed streams in stream mode. There's no need to demux in Smartripper. Use Rempeg to transcode,but use Ifoedit to merge the m2v back into the VOB. Ifoedit will create new IFO's for you. If you put the final results in a diectory called VIDEO_TS it can be opened in your burninf software.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I rip the DVD with smartripper demuxing video and audio to seperate files then reencode the video with rempeg2.

Once this is done i use Spruceup to to import the new .m2v file and the original .ac3 file and it works everytime, no need to convert the audio file to wav
    Quote Quote  
  6. This might seem like common knowledge to most of you but the problems I had with the "MPEG Tools" in TMPG and encoding failure at 100% with REMPEG2 were all solved by converting my hard drives from Fat32 to NTSF. This simple fix needs to be posted everwhere for the Newbies.
    Quote Quote