VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There are three binaries to download to complete the install of ffmpegx. Two downloaded fine, but the third is not working and I've tried repeatedly, even de-installing ffmegx and starting over with a fresh copy. The binary that doesn't seem to work is mpeg2enc.intel All I get is a text file comprising a few pages of gobbledygook, labelled mpeg2enc.intel.text.

I also noted that using the 'control click' function, which I almost never do on my Mac, although I realize there are many useful shortcuts to be had there, may be the problem. When I do the control click I get "Open Link in New Window, Open Link in New Tab, Save Linked file to the Desktop, Save Linked File as..., and Add Link to Bookmarks...

None of these is anything like "Download Link on Disk" (unless 'save linked file to the desktop' implies this...).

Also, the first time I tried, I DID get a set of 'download' menu choices...it's like the control-click drop-down window contents CHANGED, the second time I tried...hmmm...anyone know what's going on here, and how to get that third binary, so I can complete the ffmpegx install? I'm obviously doing something stupid. I'm on MacOSX10.4.11, tons of disk, tons of ram.

Many thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by rbridge
    None of these is anything like "Download Link on Disk" (unless 'save linked file to the desktop' implies this...)
    Safari 3.2.1 on Mac OS X 10.4.11 shows a contextual menu like below, when Control-clicking a text link on a web page.

'Download Linked File' will save whatever the link point to, as a file in your default download location (often the Desktop on 10.4.11).
    'Download Linked File As...' will present a dialog window to choose your download location.

The ffmpegX binary installer window doesn't care about the filename or extra suffix, as long as the binary code inside file is okay.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am having the same problem, but when I control click the link I do not get those options. I have Safari on Mac OS 10.5.6 and it only gives me OPEN URL, some search options, etc. No Download Link options...

I am not a programmer type person, but I really need to convert some videos to flash.... please help
    Quote Quote