VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm used to Media Subtitler because is pretty fast to synchronize. From scratch I mean. I take about 2 hours to do that.
    The only problem is when I open a DVD and play, the counter runs very slow. I can use the program, but when I finish, rewind the video and see the result clicking on "preview only", is not synchronized.

So, why the counter runs fast when I open avi, mkv etc, but not when opening DVD(vob)? This is annoying me too much because I need to make subtitles for some DVDs.

Does anybody know what can I do? Or suggest another program? I already know Subtitle Workshop and Subtitle Edit. As far as I know, both take more time to synch.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    It's probably a dvd/vob decoder problem.

Can you play the vob fine in wmp?

It might work better if you install a new dvd/vob decoder like....hmm....maybe ffdshow and lav filters or a software dvd player like powerdvd
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    It's probably a dvd/vob decoder problem.

Can you play the vob fine in wmp?
    I've just opened the dvd in wmp and it freezes. In vlc it plays perfectly.

Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    It might work better if you install a new dvd/vob decoder like....hmm....maybe ffdshow and lav filters or a software dvd player like powerdvd

I have ffdshow, but will install LAV filters. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Now wmp is playing the dvd, but the counter in media subtitler is still slow.
    Quote Quote