VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This has surely been addressed before. I there a tool that permits time resyncs of audio to video in linear segments in an avi. This file must be damaged as it will not play on a divx player, but it will play with MPC. Passing it through XviD4PSP (video copy) makes it playable but the audio sync changes from time to time. Something similar to subtitle resync editing in SubtitleWorkshop would do the trick, is there such a beast?

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe this will do it.
    http://www.squared5.com/svideo/mpeg-streamclip-win.html

Read "Requirements"

Once you get it to run, load the video and press 'Ctrl+F' (Edit/Fix Timecode Breaks)
    Click File/Export or Convert or Demux

Cheers.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you have sync drifting in and out there is usually only one solution - cut the audio up into smaller and smaller chunks and align each chunk as you go along. For this you need to use an NLE like Vegas.

Before getting to that point I would suggest perhaps running it through one or more of the repair tools, or sourcing a better copy.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the help. I did look for a better copy to no avail. I was able to fix it adequately using Avidemux, not too many segments but a bit painful.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I got to looking through this page https://www.videohelp.com/tools/sections/video-repair-fix and tried SyncView 2.01.01. It will not run, "Display Setting Not Supported Your Windows display (DPI) setting is not compatible with the software. Click OK to cancel the program (helpful!)". Searching does not seem to turn up any info on what this setting should be.

Any Ideas?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Run the file through AviDemux and see if it is a "packed" file if it is let AviDemux fix it - shouldn't take more than a couple of minutes and doesn't re-encode.

If AviDemux identifies VBR and wants to rebuild the index then do that AND this time re-encode the audio with MP3 (Lame) rather than a stream copy.

Worth a try
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote