VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have built a DVD with two movies in it, "Galaxies" and "Nebulas".

In the main menu, they are linked to individually, with galaxies being the first choice. Then once in the movies, there are chapter markers. Both movies are looped.

When played, and you are skipping the chapters in galaxies, once you try to skip to the last chapter, it instead jumps to the begining of the nebula movie.

What can i do to prevent this?

Cheers
    DOWN WITH STUPID!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try adding a dummy chapter mark just before the very end of galaxies. When you hit NEXT during the normal last chapter, it should jump to the dummy chapter, and follow your normal title-end navigation.

Regards,
    George
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Can you post a screen shot of your connections window ?
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  4. here is the screen grab
    [/img]

DOWN WITH STUPID!
    Quote Quote  
  5. and as you can see i have a chapter marker right at the end of the galaxies movie

thoughts?
    DOWN WITH STUPID!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    When you let it play "normally" (no NEXT button), what happens?

Are you seeing the problem during playback on your computer, or in a set-top dvd player? How did you burn this DVD -- dual layer, or did you burn to single layer (after shrinking it)?

If burned to DVD9, what burning software, and did you set the layer break as Seamless or Non-seamless?

Regards,
    George
    Quote Quote  
  7. When played "normally" the movie loops as it's supposed to.

On a computer the last chapter isn't accessible. On a set-top dvd player, the jump from second last chapter to next chapter goes straight to beginning of second title. This is not a problem in the second movie.

This project is burnt onto a dual layer dvd.

I used dvd-labs built in writing API. As far as i know there are no layer break options in this API.

Thanks
    DOWN WITH STUPID!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I wouldn't use the built-in burner. Write the results to your HDD and burn to DL with imgburn
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  9. well i have used Nero to burn the DVD files that DVD lab created, and that DVD didn't work in set-top dvd players at ALL!

So i am leary of doing that.

But you are suggesting having DVD lab create an ISO, and burn THAT wiht img burn?
    DOWN WITH STUPID!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    how long are both movies (running time of each)?

did you burn the DL disc with that dummy chapter?

Also, as guns1inger suggested, I'd recommend IMGBURN to burn to disc.
    Quote Quote  
  11. galaxies is 1hr 40min
    nebulas is 1hr 30min

the disc was burnt with the dummy chapter that i showed earlier yes
    DOWN WITH STUPID!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm not sure what the issue is (perhaps something to do with the burn and the layer break). And I don't think you want to keep testing on DL discs (because that can add costs in a hurry).

But, you might want to switch the order of the Titles -- the Nebulas seems like it will fit on Layer-0, and then Galaxies will start on Layer-0 and switch to Layer-1. DLP gives you the choice of moving the Title as they will be written to disc (Project / Change Order of Iems).

I would also try IMGBURN -- you can output to DVD Folders on your hard drive. Then in IMGBURN, use the BUILD mode to burn the folders.

Regards,
    George
    Quote Quote  
  13. Well that is interesting, i can give the title order a try, and see what happens. But i wonder what could cause the last chapter to disappear AND for a set-top player to skip to the next title as well!
    DOWN WITH STUPID!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I think the tricky thing here might be when you hit the NEXT button (before or after the layer changes). Try hitting the NEXT button after the layer change to see what happens. Judging from your pictures, you are using NTSC, it looks like you can try hitting NEXT at around the 1:39:30 mark

Regards,
    George
    Quote Quote  
  15. excellent, thanks
    DOWN WITH STUPID!
    Quote Quote