VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I am looking to watch videos simultaneously on a TV (via a cable from the HDMI output on my video card) and my PC. I would like to control things through my PC. I am not having much success with the card's 'AMF Catalyst Control Center' program.

Does anyone know of a program, preferably freeware, that can do this? I would like to use command line (in batch files) to start and end things if possible.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    John

Windows 7
    VIDEO CARD: XFX Radeon R5 230A 2GB DDR3 PCI Express Graphics Card
    Quote Quote  
  2. Set up Windows for two displays in "clone" or "mirror" mode.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I was able to set up two screens through the Windows+P hot key. For some reason, the 'Computer Only' setting does not work and I must use 'Extended' to return to PC only.

Two questions...Is there a way to maintain the PC and TV at different resolutions? The 'Duplicate' setting keeps both resolutions the same. Also, how can I get audio to come out of both sources at the same time?

Regards...John
    Quote Quote  
  4. I've used mirror mode with different resolutions in the past with XP. The smaller resolution screen acted as a window that panned (following the mouse) over the larger res screen. That's not really optimal for what you have in mind. And I don't know if Windows and/or the drivers still support it.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Post deleted. Misread original question.
    Last edited by hello_hello; 7th Apr 2014 at 00:45.
    Quote Quote