VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi guys

I seem to have an error when using FLV Extract. You see I have been downloading tons of videos from online and extrating the flv video extensions with FLV Extract and then muxing them into MKV using mkvmerge GUI, however when I went about extracting the video and audio files using FLV Extract I get this error, 'Suggested cropping: 0 pixels from the right, 8 pixels from the bottom'. The deminision, 480 x 360, is exactly the same as the other 20 videos that I have download from the same show and same website so I'm not sure why this one is acting up. The video file that gets extracted from the flv has a black line on the bottom of the video (you can still see through it but it is very distinticative). I do not like this black line, and I was hoping if there is a way to get rid of this. The reason why I use FLV Extract and not just head straight to encoding the file is because I want to keep exact quality of the file and not change it around with different codecs and settings. It has worked for my other 20 videos that I have already downloaded and it has kept perfect quality. I'm not sure what kind of data to give you guys to try and help as I am fairly new at this so I am sorry in advance if I have missed something. I look forward to a reply.

TAS257
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Can you upload a very short flv sample with such a black line? You can attach files when you post or use www.mediafire.com etc.

You could also try remux with avidemux, open your flv, under video and audio choose copy, under format select mkv, save as new.mkv. No reconversion.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Well, after I use FLV Extract (which is when I get the black line) the video file is now an avi file. I could do an mkv sample though, would that help? It's just that I'm not sure on how to go back to flv. Also it's no problem uploading to Mediafire as I already have an account. Thanks for your reply.

TAS257
    Quote Quote  
  4. As to Avidemux, it says 'Can't mux that video codec into MKV'. The video codec is VP6, or so Mediainfo informs me.

TAS257
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by TAS257 View Post
    The video codec is VP6, or so Mediainfo informs me.
    VP6 will probably be OK muxed into MOV.
    Does Avidemux have MOV option?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by bat999 View Post
    Originally Posted by TAS257 View Post
    The video codec is VP6, or so Mediainfo informs me.
    VP6 will probably be OK muxed into MOV.
    Does Avidemux have MOV option?
    Sorry, but I'm not sure what MOV is, and does it keep origional quality? Thanks for the reply. I'm off to bed now, so I won't be chacking the forum for another 10 hours. Sorry guys.

TAS257
    Quote Quote  
  7. No more hints? I'm not sure if I should upload a sample of the video in an mkv extension or not. Will it still be useful? Thanks guys.

TAS257
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi
    The flv files that have VP6/mp3 codecs can be put into mkv files.
    But VP6 sometimes shows weird faults in mkv, so Avidemux was tipping you off.

Better results are obtained with VP6 when mov or avi is used (without re-encoding).
    Last edited by bat999; 26th Apr 2012 at 20:56.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by bat999 View Post
    Hi
    The flv files that have VP6/mp3 codecs can be put into mkv files.
    But VP6 sometimes shows weird faults in mkv, so Avidemux was tipping you off.

Better results are obtained with VP6 when mov or avi is used (without re-encoding).
    Yes, that does work. After this all I needed to do is convert to mkv by using mkvemergeGUI. The file plays fine and there is no more black lines. Thanks to everyone who has contributed, my problem is now resolved.

TAS257
    Quote Quote