VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello all,

I have a modified Oppo BDP-103 blu-ray player that can read Blu-ray and DVD ISO Image files.

I would like a cover image of the movie to come up when I highlight the movie ISO image file in the same way a cover image will come up when I highlight a music file.

I have tried MP3 and FLAC Image tag software but no luck.

Putting a picture labelled "folder" into the same folder doesn't seem to work either.

Any suggestions of methods or software?

Looking forward to suggestions!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Blu-ray authoring?

Nope, moving you to our blu-ray player section.

And, nope. I have no idea other than trying find a oppo forum.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Jacket picture? Support still depends on the player. And it does need to be authored in and not many apps can do that.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  4. Some media file formats can have embedded metadata. Your Oppo is able to read and use that information to show you details such as the artist, album, track number... If an album cover has been embedded it will show that too. ISO files do not support embedding metadata, you won't be able to have your Oppo display the movie cover.

As a workaround, if the Oppo displays all media file types in a folder (without filtering), you could embed the cover picture in a short MP3 file and place the MP3 and ISO file in the same folder or simply use the same filename for both.
    Last edited by nic2k4; 27th Jan 2015 at 09:21.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Yeah I think the Oppo does filter, meaning it does not display all media types in the folder. To access the ISO I have to choose Video in the menu, and then only video files will appear, no pictures or music.

Thanks, and thanks for all the suggestions.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!