VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I try to open my Divx movie in VirtualDub 1.4.13 and I get the following error message:

"VirtualDub has detected an improper VBR audio encoding in the source AVI file and will rewrite the audio header with standard CBR values during processing for better compatibility. This may introduce up to 41720 ms of skew from the video stream. If this is unacceptable, decompress the *entire* audio stream to an uncompressed WAV file ad recompress with a constant bitrate encoder. (bitrate: 122.2 +- 17.6 kbps)"

The +- are on top of each other by the way. Anyway, when I extract the audio to an uncompressed WAV, the audio is about 4 or 5 seconds shorter than the video is. Is this going to cause a syncing problem? I'm guessing it will. Can someone explaing to me simply how to fix the problem and what tools I need to fix the problem. I want to make an SVCD that is in sync with the audio. TIA!

Addition to post:
    I tried to encode my video using the above mentioned WAV file as the audio souce and sure enough, the audio was out of sync. The audio is in perfect sync in the divx movie. How do I fix this problem? TIA!
    Quote Quote  
  2. This worked for me...

Extracted audio to MPA (using DVD2SVCD)

opened MPA in soundforge and saved as WAV Resample if needed (you can actually do this in 1 step using virtual dub...but I found I got syncing problems)

Next I converted the wav to Mpeg using Besweet

I know this is a lot of steps just for a Audio file ..but this is the only way I could get it to stay in SYNC

//Bodman
    Quote Quote  
  3. For some reason, it only extracts half of the movie to MPA format. What is up?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Hmmm seems strange this link might help you out a bit.

http://www.doom9.org/mpg/avi2dvdr.htm

//Bodman
    Quote Quote  
  5. Before you extract the wave file using VirtualDub open the Video -> Frame Rate... dialog and check "Change so video and audio durations match.
    Its always tea time and we have no time to wash the things between the whiles
    Quote Quote  
  6. The only time I've had this is when the audio was saved in mp3 VBR in the DivX. You can check this by opening the file in VirtualDub and choosing File - File Information.

To solve this I did a Direct Stream Copy of the Audio using VirualDub. And saved the file as a WAV from the File menu. This extracts the mp3. Rename the file to Audio.mp3.

Open up BeSweet (I use the GUI as it makes it so much easier) and load the mp3 file. Convert straight to mp2 (SVCD). Remember to choose the option to resample to 44.1 KHz. I also make sure that the bitrate is 224. For some reason the GUI doesn't allow you to over type the bitrate. So set it up with the bitrate of 192, and then use the option to copy to the clipboard. Open a DOS window and paste the command in. Then overtype the 192 to 224.

Then just join the video and audio (bbMPEG or TMPGEnc)

If this doesn't work for you, you might want to try Cooledit as it has a time stretch command. Then you could stretch the audio length to be the same as the video. Not sure whether SoundForge has this command, but I assume so.

Good luck.
    bd.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Thanks for all your replies, but none of them worked. On the plus side, I found that while using BeSweet to convert to an mp2, BeSweet gave me a couple of syncronization errors, what does that mean? Anyway, the audio turned out exactly like before, out of sync. I will probably just give up and burn the Divx file to a cd and watch it on my comp. Unless any1 else has any final suggestions? Thanks for all the help!
    Quote Quote