VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I want asymmetrical side by side video with resolution 1920x1080. The first video has bitrate 1mb/s and the second video has bitrate 500kb/s. Both videos have the same resolution 1920x1080 and encoded h.265, container mp4. I used ffmpeg code:

ffmpeg -i leftvideo.mp4 -i rightvideo.mp4 -filter_complex "[0:v] scale=iw/2:ih, pad=2*iw:ih [left]; [1:v] scale=iw/2:ih [right]; [left][right] overlay=main_w/2:0 [out]" -map [out] -c:v libx265 output.mp4

It works well but I want the resulting video quality while keeping. I don't want re-encoded.

Is it possible the two videos change resolution (960x1080) and together packed into container mp4?

EDIT: or another method?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    FFMpeg has a new filter for that Hstack and Vstack.

vertically:
    ffmpeg -i input0 -i input1 -filter_complex vstack output
    To stack horizontally:
    ffmpeg -i input0 -i input1 -filter_complex hstack output

2015-08-25 ffmpeg NO
    2015-08-28 ffmpeg YES
    Quote Quote  
  3. yes i know but hstack does the same job as my code
    Quote Quote  
  4. This type of manipulation requires re-encoding, because the video is decompressed before the manipulation

If you don't wan't to lose quality - you can use a lossless codec, but filesize will be much larger. It will not be very compatible with devices etc... only playable on a computer

Or if you only want to view it, you can use ffplay, or through an avisynth script
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    This type of manipulation requires re-encoding, because the video is decompressed before the manipulation

If you don't wan't to lose quality - you can use a lossless codec, but filesize will be much larger. It will not be very compatible with devices etc... only playable on a computer

Or if you only want to view it, you can use ffplay, or through an avisynth script
    With sufficient (low) crf it can be still reasonable size (med bitrate) and still compliant with consumer devices and considered as perceptually lossless.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you are looking to just compare or create a comparison video, I think poisondeathray's suggestion for avisynth is the best. You can compaRe and stack how ever you would like.

Code:
    v1=directshowsource("C:\Users\Bud\Desktop\[dp]Manjandani-1.mp4", audio=false).ConvertToYV12()
    v2=directshowsource("C:\Users\Bud\Desktop\[dp]Manjandani-1_2.mp4", audio=false).ConvertToYV12()
    sub = v1.subtract(v2)
    substrong = sub.levels (122,1,132,0,255)
    StackVertical (StackHorizontal (v1.subtitle ("original"),v2.subtitle("encoded")), StackHorizontal(sub.subtitle("Difference"),substrong.subtitle("Difference amplified")))
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenHunter_192 May. 11 17.16.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	209.7 KB
ID:	36981
    Quote Quote