VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Please excuse my poor English,
    I would like to know if some of you have already created a video blu-ray burn to double layer DVD disc

What software can realize this?
    is this compatible with blu-ray players?

Thanks for your answer
    Quote Quote  
  2. I have had good luck using BDtoAVCHD but it may not play on all blu-ray players. And maybe no menu either. And I have only tried it on single layer DVD's.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    BD-Rebuilder can do this, BUT...

What exactly do you want to create?

If you mean to convert the movie only to DVD format and burn that to a dual layer DVD disc, then yes, your BluRay player should be fine with that but the ONLY reliable dual layer media is that made by Verbatim (or the very hard to find Taiyo Yuden ones). We recommend the DVD+R DL over the DVD-R DL, but Verbatim's -R media is OK, it's just more expensive (DVD-R DL is more costly to make than DVD+R DL). If you mean that you want to shrink the BluRay disc to DVD-9 size but have it stay in BluRay format, well, that's much more complicated. Your BluRay player may or may not play such discs. You will just have to try and see what happens.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I created the video wedding about 40 minutes
    I burn so far on DVD, but the DVD quality too low to HD

The price of blu ray is really expensive,
    That is why I try to created the video format blu-ray HD
    then burn them to a DVD
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Blu-ray isn't expensive,you can buy a blu-ray burner for $70 and good quality verbatim blu-ray discs for average a dollar a piece,how's your original video?Is it good quality?Hd or sd?What program(s) did you use to encode and author and burn to dvd?
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  6. the video source is HD
    I lose too much quality in DVD burning,
    The blank blu-ray is too expensive for me

by formatting my video in HD and burning to DVD as if it was a blu-ray, it would be perfect,
    but I do not have an opinion on this technique.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    You should have explained in your first post what you really meant. Now I understand.

You can try to create BluRay format and burn it to dual layer DVD but...
    1) If you use bad quality DVD media, you may have problems. Almost everything is "bad quality". See my earlier post for what is not.
    2) Your BluRay player may or may not support BluRay format on DVD discs.

For the best chance of success, I recommend that you keep the video bit rate below 18000 Kbps. Higher bit rates may be supported, but do not exceed 28000 Kbps or it probably won't play.
    Quote Quote  
  8. yes this is exactly what I want to do
    Thank you for these recommendations,

did you try?
    Quote Quote  
  9. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Best to use tsmuxer and output as avchd since a lot of blu-ray players won't play blu-ray structure on dvd.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  10. if I burn in avchd formatting with tsMuxeR this seems correct?

now all Blu ray players can play the avchd, am I wrong?
    The bluray players can play DVD?

If it exists, would know what materials are incompatible?,

Thank you a lot for your feedback experience
    Quote Quote  
  11. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by toomail View Post
    if I burn in avchd formatting with tsMuxeR this seems correct?

now all Blu ray players can play the avchd, am I wrong?
    The bluray players can play DVD?

If it exists, would know what materials are incompatible?,

Thank you a lot for your feedback experience
    1) It's probably correct, but tsmuxer does accept some input that's not really valid for BluRay or AVCHD and leaves it alone, so it is possible to use tsmuxer to create a disc that your BluRay player won't play.
    2) I think there are BluRay players that don't play AVCHD, but I don't know of any right now. It is possible though. As far as I know, AVCHD support is all optional.
    3) It depends on what you mean by "DVD". If you mean DVD format on DVD discs, then yes, BluRay players must support this. If you mean AVCDH or BluRay format on DVD discs, then it's not guaranteed. Probably it will work, but some players may not support this.

I have already warned you that for the best chance of success you should use Verbatim DVD+R DL discs.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There is almost no price difference between BD25 and DVD-DL disks. I just checked newegg and Verbatim BD25's are actually cheaper than their DVD-DL disks. Buy a BD burner.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!