VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I recently obtained a DVD but after generating a disk image via MissingMediaBurner (MMB), and burning via Toast 6, it doesn't play. I'm quite advanced with SVCD/VCD and the various tools but I am new to DVD. I don't know what aspect is not making the dvd non-playable on standalone player or the Mac's DVD Player. The best I can do at the moment is list the contents of the DVD and perhaps someone will recognize what it is. I wonder if it's possible to "regenerate" the DVD using the VOB files via some Mac tools that maybe I already have? I can SEE the contents just fine via VLC, but...thanks in advance.

The contents are:

VTS_01_0.BUP
    VIDEO_TS.VOB
    VIDEO_TS.IFO
    VIDEO_TS.BUP
    VTS_04_1.VOB
    VTS_04_0.VOB
    VTS_04_0.IFO
    VTS_04_0.BUP
    VTS_03_1.VOB
    VTS_03_0.VOB
    VTS_03_0.IFO
    VTS_03_0.BUP
    VTS_02_3.VOB
    VTS_02_2.VOB
    VTS_02_1.VOB
    VTS_02_0.VOB
    VTS_02_0.IFO
    VTS_02_0.BUP
    VTS_01_1.VOB
    VTS_01_0.VOB
    VTS_01_0.IFO
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It probably has to do with your disc structure. Make sure that all the files listed above reside in a VIDEO_TS folder, which is at the root level of the disc. Also make sure that there is a AUDIO_TS folder present. Also make sure you burn in UDF Mode.

Look at these two screen shots... Maybe this will help you.

Quote Quote  
  3. THANK YOU!! I understand! I was just burning exactly all those files as a disc image to DVD without the DVD structure that you suggest. That's basic DVD structure, I suppose. I guess the Audio_TS is essentially an empty folder??

This is such a great, educational board! I'm in it for fun/professional reasons so this is great
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    yes the AUDIO_TS folder should generally be empty.

Glad I could help.

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I think you (ZeroSix) were the 1st to post a screenshot with 10.3!!!
    Quote Quote