VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search PM
    so i got this 618 MB file size video which is 720p and youtube says 100 minutes just for that and it's a 41 minute video so.. here's my question is there a way to upload faster are there youtube uploaders like me if yes any solution for faster upload speed or does this have to do with your connection or how fast or slow your pc is? i tried handbrake it doesn't seem to help it does make it smaller to 598 MB orso but it does not change the speed of upload please help, Thx in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. You can make the file as small as you want with handbrake (and most other encoding programs). Just use a lower bitrate or a higher RF value (assuming you'res using x264 encoding). The issue is how much quality the resulting file will have. The smaller you make it the lower the quality will be.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    agh.. but that's the problem there i need to upload high quality and i think if you lower bitrate it will ruin the quality am i right? but are there no softwares that keep the quality with smaller file size that would do the trick.
    Quote Quote  
  4. All you can do is try the lower bitrate and see if you find the quality acceptable. You're not going to find anything that uses h.264 encoding that does better than Handbrake at low bitrates. If your source is noisy running some noise filters will reduce the bitrate requirement.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Or upload the 41 minute video overnight then you will never even notice that it takes 100 minutes to upload

Hell I have uploaded 12 minute 1080p HD videos that were around that same size to youtube and they took 60+ minutes!!
    Quote Quote  
  6. So what if it takes a long time? I upload files there as large as 2GB. Let it upload overnight. Assuming it's x264, nothing at the present that YouTube supports will give you the same quality at a smaller size. In addition, since YouTube reencodes anything you send it, it's in your best interests to give it as high a quality source as possible. Depending on your source and what you've done to it already, filtering, in the form of denoising, will give you a smaller file size (sometimes a much smaller filesize) and still retain quality. In fact, filtering it can be very beneficial since YouTube reencodes using such low bitrates. A little about your workflow and maybe a sample might help.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    But is it alright to keep your pc on at night?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Alright? Meaning what? That it's against the law? That it might blow up if kept on too long?

Just kidding. Many here keep computers on 24 hours a day 7 days a week. There shouldn't be any problem.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by KaddirB View Post
    Why not? If you're worried about power consumption from leaving the computer on all night just start the upload when you know you'll be around about the time it finishes so you can turn the computer off. Or set the sleep timer to shut the computer down after the upload finishes.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Alright tnx i will give it a try.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by KaddirB View Post
    LOL!!!

About a week ago I JUST restarted my PC for the first time in about 5 months!!!
    It has been on 24/7 prior to the restart!!
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by KaddirB View Post
    Sometimes you will have no other option if you want to upload at original quality (I am generalizing here and not refering just to Youtube).

Originally Posted by KaddirB;
    ...or does this have to do with your connection or how fast or slow your pc is?
    Download and upload speeds are also governed by your ISP, and you will find a significant difference between the two (something like a 10:1 ratio).

There are various speed testers available on the internet for free (Google) which give a good indication of what your ISP allows you.

Example: http://www.att.com/speedtest/
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!