VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I tried using the DVDFab 9 Ripper and am satisfied with the quality, however, am wondering if there is a way to remove the "DVDFab 9" adware that it places in the video???
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You have to buy it to so it doesn't watermark videos that you re-encode with dvdfab,there's much better free apps for re-encoding such as handbrake,i just use the fee decrypting ripping in dvdfab.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by moniker00 View Post
    I tried using the DVDFab 9 Ripper and am satisfied with the quality, however, am wondering if there is a way to remove the "DVDFab 9" adware that it places in the video???
    It only places the "watermark" in the video because you are re-encoding or converting to another format, not just ripping.
    There is a difference.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Yes, I am ripping just the movie portion from my dvd's, converting to mp4 and saving on my WD My Cloud. So, is there a way to remove the watermark or am I going to have to buy the software and redo them all?
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Just rip with dvdfab and convert with handbrake,don't use dvdfab to convert to mp4,you've been told twice already.You don't need to buy dvdfab for ripping.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Actually, my question has not been answered at all, sir. I have asked if there is a way to REMOVE the watermark. I understand not to do any more, as I have done, but for the ones that are done, can it be removed or will I need to redo all of them?? That is my question. Thank you for the info thusfar.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You will have to rip it again,helps that you explained it better.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Actually, my question has not been answered at all, sir. I have asked if there is a way to REMOVE the watermark. I understand not to do any more, as I have done, but for the ones that are done, can it be removed or will I need to redo all of them?? That is my question. Thank you for the info thusfar.

if you are using the trial version you will get the watermark you will need to use the registered version and you will not get the watermark.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    Actually, my question has not been answered at all, sir. I have asked if there is a way to REMOVE the watermark. I understand not to do any more, as I have done, but for the ones that are done, can it be removed or will I need to redo all of them?? That is my question. Thank you for the info thusfar.

if you are using the trial version you will get the watermark you will need to use the registered version and you will not get the watermark.
    The op already knows this,what he wants to know if the finished video with the watermark can be edited to remove the watermark and has been told just to rerip and encode with another program.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    The O.P.is confusing several terms. To "rip" a video is to copy or make an unencrypted copy. To "convert" can mean re-encoding, or it can mean changing containers without re-encoding. Apparently the O.P. also sees "flv" and "mp4" as "formats", but they are not formats. They are containers that can accept many different codecs. Some codecs can be used in flv containers, some can't. Some codecs can be used in mp4 containers, some can't. If the O.P. is changing only the containers and not the codec, that's possible without re-encoding.
    Last edited by sanlyn; 19th Mar 2014 at 03:26.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I think the OP also thinks that removing a watermark ... which he mistakenly calls adware ... would be pretty easy.

It isn't.

Which is the reason for suggesting doing them over again with a better encoder.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Yeah, and if moniker00 were listening, he would have already heard johns0 and Noahtuck mention that a separate full-disc RIP (via DVDFab) - which DOESN'T WATERMARK WHEN JUST RIPPING - , and then a separate movie-only convert/re-encode using a DIFFERENT software (such as Handbrake) - WHICH ALSO DOESN'T (EVER) WATERMARK - would be the best way to go anyway.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  13. First, let me apologize for my lack of knowledge when it comes to terminology, I am new to all of this and am still trying to learn it all.
    The big issue I had with re-ripping was that it was not just ONE video. I had done almost 200 of my dvds before watching one to realize what it had done. (Definitely not a mistake I will repeat). I have however found that I can by-pass the DVDFab altogether and just open the dvd files, (with AnyDVD running in back ground to de-crypt) find the video-TS file and upload that directly into Handbrake and save as mkv. I have found a couple that this would not work but for the majority it has done well, and fairly quick, about 30 minutes per dvd. Anyway, thank you all for your input.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    200?! Yeah, that would be a lot to backtrack on. Pardon the pointedness of my reply then. Sounds like you are on the right path now, though.

Scott
    Quote Quote