VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. My Lite on 5007 recorder is having problems. I found out that they are not making the 5007 anymore so I'm looking into either the 5005 or 5006. While I don't like the way they look compared to the sleek, thin and modern looking 5007 it looks like the 5005/5006 are the only choices of this type now. I have a few questions:

1) The 5007 has a cable and plug in the back that allows it to control the cable box. I've been looking for pictures of the 5005/5006 and haven't been able to find any or any that shows the plug. Does the 5005/5006 have a cable controlling (G-Link as I think it's called by them) in the back of the 5005/5006?

2) Which is a better model? The 5005/5006? Are they the same but different colors or is one more reliable, better sounding, better video quality and just all around better reliability than the other or are they exactly the same? If they are the same then why did they come out with a 5006?

3) Can you rip a DVD recorded by the 5005 and/or 5006 on your computer DVD ROM drive? I've tried a 5007 that did let you and a 5007 that didn't let you. Same model! I've read that they changed something so that Lite on doesn't let anything else really recognize the format unless it's a Lite on unit playing. Can you record on a 5005 or 5006, finalize the disk and have it read by a standard DVD ROM drive? Does one let you and the other model doesn't?

Basically, I like to find out if the 5005/5006 has a G-Link like the 5007 and what's the difference between getting a 5005 v.s. getting a 5006? If I get say a 5005 will I be making a big mistake over getting a 5006?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I have 5006 & i had it for a couple months now & haven't had a coaster. All the recording media i put in the 5006 records very well.
    No it does not have a G-Link. The only difference between 5005 ,5006, 5007 is:
    5005- nothing (records to all cd & dvd formats except DVD-RAM)
    5006-vcr plus (records to all cd & dvd formats except DVD-RAM)
    5007- g-link , tv guide (records to DVD+R/RW)
    Quote Quote  
  3. There are plenty of used 5007's on eBay if you want another one of those. They sell regularly for less than $100, sometimes as low as $50-$60. The 5007 is the only one that has the TV Guide feature with G-Link.

All the Lite-On units use the same LSI encoding chips and video input circuitry, so they all have identical performance in terms of recorded (encoded) image quality. You should be able to copy any recordings you make with a Lite-On DVD recorder to your computer hard drive, no problem. Finalized DVD+R discs recorded by Lite-On units should play fine in most DVD players. DVD+RW discs do not have to be finalized.
    Quote Quote  
  4. lvw-5006 error "a-2 in"
    drawer belt stretched large, so, replaced, still error persists, so drawer motor injured (graphitebrush debris has clogged commutator segment isolation gaps of dc electric motor ?)

cant finalized personal unfinalized dvd burns

your support is appreciated (get another known good pata dvd burner equal or better and swap it out?)
    Quote Quote  
  5. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by hewo View Post
    lvw-5006 error "a-2 in"
    drawer belt stretched large, so, replaced, still error persists, so drawer motor injured (graphitebrush debris has clogged commutator segment isolation gaps of dc electric motor ?)

cant finalized personal unfinalized dvd burns

your support is appreciated (get another known good pata dvd burner equal or better and swap it out?)
    You're almost 10 years late.
    Quote Quote  
  6. ten years after alvin lee guitarist?
    customer is caught up in this model so i as repairist must succumb,
    so please adise,
    swapped drawer motor using same year LG burner drawer motor,
    pl stndby results?
    Quote Quote