VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am getting some strange volume surges on a DVD using DVD Architect. I brought an AC3 audio file into architect and it sounds fine in the architect file before burning. Once I burn it to disc the DVD has some strange volume surges. There are no compression warnings when I burn the disc.

Anyone have an idea what may be going on in the transition?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Post the details from the ac3. Use mediainfo, view->text.
    Quote Quote  
  3. The rendered AC3 file sounds great in DVD architect, and DVD architect seems fine with the AC3 file because it does not re-compress it. So I am wondering if it is something else? The DVD itself? The player? But I tried another DVD on the player and it seems to be fine. What's interesting is it seems to bring up the mid range of the guitar in volume, it's really weird.

There are two choices in Vegas for AC3
    1. Stereo DVD
    2. Stereo DVD with AGC on.

I did not use AGC because it would squash the music.

I'd rather not download that software to check it, any ideas on what it could be? There is no way to change the AC3 settings in Vegas, nor in DVD architect.
    Quote Quote  
  4. How are you playing it when the problem occurs? Many DVD players and TVs have their own audio leveling circuitry.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    nocheez - Baldrick told you what to do. If you can't be bothered, then go away.
    Quote Quote  
  6. jman98,

The only reason I didn't want to load it is because it might be invasive software, mal-ware, so excuse me for being uncomfortable with it. Second, I didn't ask you and certainly didn't need your childish retort so shut your pie whole you arrogant ass.
    Last edited by nocheez; 4th Jun 2014 at 12:47.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Use Mediainfoxp then. No installation. Just to check that it's a "normal" ac3.
    Quote Quote  
  8. smrpix, playing it via a DVD player on my computer. I am not noticing the problem on other DVDs. The guitar seem to get louder and softer, it's bizarre, lol. It's almost like there is some weird compression but when it's dumping to DVD DVD architect is not recompressing it. Never had this problem prior, very strange. I am going through all the settings.

I am wondering if changing the rendering quality to best and audio selection to best may be giving the DVD problems? Hmmm....
    Quote Quote  
  9. Thanks Baldrick
    Quote Quote  
  10. smrpix, I am starting to wonder if you are correct, I played it on another computer and I don't seem to hear it. But when I made a render with the old settings just set at good (the only thing I can think of that's different) it isn't surging on that particular DVD. Gonna try the old settings and see what happens.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Best of luck.

BTW, Mediainfo is a safe and invaluable diagnostic utility. It is the first tool most of us turn to here when we have a problem or simply want to know what we are dealing with.

A safe-as-you-can-get place to download software from is the direct links in the tools section of this site. While nothing is 100%, Baldrick is vigilant about keeping things clean and properly identifying what has adware attached (so you can refuse the parts you don't want as you install.)
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!